XXV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Rulers of the People

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he streets of King's Landing were packed with people, vendors and their wares calling out to all those that walked the streets, children running around and laughing, playing in the early morning sun. It was hard to believe that this same area had been one of the poorest places in the city. 

"You've done well, Joff," The blond man looked down at his betrothed, one eyebrow raised as she squeezed his arm. "This is all thanks to your efforts. You should be proud."

"I wouldn't have come to this part of the city if you did not suggest it," Joffrey shot her a half-smile, before he continued down the street. Tylar followed behind the pair, the Stark emblem across his chest, as he grinned at those around him. 

"Come on, we're almost there," Lyra tugged the man beside her, a grin growing across her face at the thought of seeing Drew once more. 

After the battle, Drew's mother had been found dead, and the boy had been orphaned, with no other relatives in the city. After much debate, and no small amount of effort on Joffrey or Lyra's behalf, they had managed to locate an orphanage that they hoped would suit him well and teach him all that he needed to know. 

Turning a corner, off of the main square, Lyra grinned at the sight of Drew, who was looking healthier as he waited for them. 

"Drew!" The boy's head snapped up, before he ran over and into Lyra's arm. She hugged him tightly, chuckling before pulling away to take a full look at him. "You've grown!"

"Yes! I'm one of the tallest boys there," He grinned over at Joffrey, who ruffled the child's hair, the half-smile playing on his lips. "Mrs. Waters said I'll be nearly as tall as you are when I'm fully grown."

"Well, I think that you're going to be taller than he is," Lyra grinned back at Joffrey, who was rolling his eyes good naturedly at the pair. "Maybe as tall as Tylar?"

"Don't be silly," Drew laughed, as Tylar grinned over at them. "He's a Northerner. They have to be tall."

"That's very true," Lyra grinned, before standing back up right and reaching for the boy's hand. "They have to be able to wrestle direwolves and grizzly bears."

"Really?" Lyra nodded, thinking of Elia, who often liked to play fight with Tylar when she was bored. The wolf had been left with Sansa, her handmaiden and Arah, to make sure that the Queen Regent did not try to harm the girl. 

She chuckled, as Drew began to talk about who would win between Tylar, a grizzly bear and a direwolf. Joffrey reached out, wrapping Lyra's other arm back through his, as he took another step closer to her.