Ounce upon a time

A huge gloomy Forest is seeing as a witch's cackle is heard as she flies through the sky before lightning flashes and a window is shown with blinds in a little bedroom as it rains. Many things are seen around the room from toys to lights to books as two kids are staying in their beds one wide awake and the other one trying to sleep."go to sleep Katie"the girls brother Andrew says having trouble going to sleep in his bed as he twists and turns while the little girl is seeing sitting up in her bed with her knees to her chest as the blanket covers most of her upper body.

"You know I can't go to sleep with the light off"she says for more toys are shown on shelves with many lights before the kids are showing again. But her brother just huffs"try counting sheep"which causes sister to huff at her brother.

"I don't like sheep they scare me"she reminded her brother before more things around the room is shown.

"You are so sad"he comments from his later down position under the blankets on his bed.

"Stop it"both kids soon freeze as the door opens when the light is turned on but realize it's just their dad"okay you too. What's all the talking about?"their father says from the entryway of the door as light shines their room causing the two kids to squint their eyes from the light.

"I can't sleep with the lights off"the little girl says 

"I could've"the boy says 

In the father is shown he was a tall male with brown short hair light blue long sleeve button up shirt and khaki pants as he leans against the door lifting his hands up slightly to calm his kids "alright, alright.lets just settle down"before crossing his arms.

"I miss Mom"the little girl says which causes I want to go quiet in a sad silence as they all look at each other"and I think there's something in the closet"causes her father to look slightly at the closet before I was thinking of an idea before one popped up in his head"how about a story?"ask his kids has he makes his way over to the little bookshelf by the door in the bedroom.

"Could we" Andrew has with a smile as he sits up slightly making his sister nod along with him.

"Ok."as he turns on the light on the shelf threw a switch as he looks over the books. Before grabbing one"um, yeah how about this one?"he shows the kids it was a light colored book with a dark bind both kids just shook their heads. Put it back on the shelf before grabbing another one "oh this -this one was your favorite last year you loved - you don't love this one anymore"he says that he picks up a dark blue thick book as he shows that his kids his son and daughter just shake their heads now again he sighs bring it back before looking at the shelf under it"um well, I've never seen this one before" a strange looking old book. The book is shown being really sick a dark grayish color with buckles covered with dust never have seen it before. He picks it up with both hands only to his face as he blows the dust off it before showing his kids they both share and look before looking at there dad"neither have we"they both say never have seen that book in their life.

He smiles slightly before walking over to a rocking chair"all right then let's try this."he says as he closes the door before sitting in the chair. He blows the dust off some more when I whooshing sound as her make him look around for a second before looking back at the book he undoes the buckle and flips the top open to the first page getting ready to read the story boy was it going to be a good one.