Request for anonymous

Y/N's POV:-

"What shall we eat today?", you look at your dad and your little sister as they come down the stairs, after he helped her dress for the day. She's six years old. 

"Strawberry!", she says and your dad's eyes crinkle as he laughs, and sets her down on one of the chairs, next to you. 

"Morning!", she says to you. You smile and ruffle her hair. "Good morning! Morning dad."

You hoped to get a good morning from your dad. These days, you barely see him. He's at work, then home, but mostly with your sister, helping her with homework and getting her ready for bed, then school and it's all the same again. The only times he talks to you is to ask you to do something, or to scold you if you hadn't done that.

"You're coming with me to work today.", he tells you, washing up strawberries for your sister.

"Why?", you ask. "I thought I was going to mum's."

Your parents are divorced. You spend the week with your dad, and weekends with your mom. But most of your time you both spend with your dad, since he has custody of you two.

 There was no school today, so you thought to go to see your mom. Since your dad, who is a pediatrician had to go to work. Your younger sister was going to her friend's house for the day, so you were left alone. 

"She's busy with something.", he says, placing the strawberries on her plate and pouring a bowl of cereal out for her.

"I thought she said we'd go out-"

"-She called me, and said she can't take you.", he said, like it was a problem. "So you're coming with me."

"Fine.", you mumble, continuing to eat your cereal.

After everyone had eaten, you both get in your dad's car. He continues to talk to her, about how she should be nice to her friends and not put herself in any danger today while he drove. 

"Have a good day baby.", he kissed her and hugged before waving bye to her as we get there.

"Bye daddy, I love you."

"I love you so much." He walked her to the door, taking her hand making you sigh as you thought when he last held your hand. 

Usually you wouldn't care, but today you were thinking. Is your father ignoring you? Does he hate you? Maybe it was just your headache, you thought. It was making you emotional. But there was a part of you that said, it was not, it was what was building up in the bottom of your heart.

You walked with your dad inside his practice, the kind receptionist Jenny immediately coming to greet you and talk to you. Your dad has to start seeing patients so he goes inside his office, leaving you with Jenny.

"Why are you so quiet today Y/N?", Jenny asks you as she puts you on some paperwork. You were silently doing them.

"Nothing, Jenny.", you reply.

"It's definitely something. Hey you can go to your mom's soon, it's almost the weekend!"

"I'd rather just go and stay with her.", you mutter.

"Why honey?", she asks, rubbing your shoulder.

"Dad doesn't seem to care..and he's always scolding me."

"It's because he loves you. He had a custody of you for a reason, he's the one who can take care of you both, your mother loves you too, but you know the story Y/N."

You sigh and nod. "I just feel so lonely at home."

"Let him know that, I'm sure he doesn't realize. Do you want me to talk to him?"