Chapter 10: Dead or Alive

August 12th 1954:

Naito took a leisurely walk around the Tojo Clan HQ gardens. It was so serene. Unlike the experiences he had the previous few years. However, his life was back on track.

Naito kneeled down near the pond to stare at the fishes. He took a deep breath of relaxation and stared at the city skyline in the distance.

A man walked past Naito and bumped into him.

"I'm sorry sir!"

Naito glanced over at the man and he immediately recognised him.

"Matsushima!" Grunted Naito angrily.

"Ah, kyodai. Haven't seen you in a few years!" Matsushima widened his hands for a hug.

"That's it! After what you did you just want to greet me like that!?" Naito shoved Matsushima away.

"What's wrong, kyodai?" Wondered Matsushima.

"Plenty. Your power play caused the death of my daughter!"

"Oh. Then I'm sorry Naito! It was Patriarch Suzuki's vision that we would go to the Tojo Clan. Before his death that is." Apologized Matsushima, bowing towards Naito. Naito clenched onto Matsushima's neck, painfully digging his fingernails into it.

"Did Suzuki's vision include taking everything from me? He never really did care about me. Yet he always acted like it, even all the way up to when I killed him."

"What!?" Shouted Matsushima.

Naito moved closer to Matsushima and struck him in the jaw. He then pounced on his sworn brother and repeatedly punched him until other yakuza pulled him away. Naito's fists were drenched in blood as he was escorted away.

A little later...

The cabinets toppled over, dented from impact.

"Come here you little shit!" Takeda grabbed Naito off the floor and pounded him into a desk. "You know I took you from rock bottom! Gave you this family and you can't even stop yourself from assaulting your collegues! You're a disgrace of a yakuza!"

Naito's eyes widened, hurt from what Takeda was saying.

"If you attack Matsushima one more time than your family is done. I'll send you back to Sotenbori where the Nakatsu Clan is hunting you down." Threatened Takeda.

Naito wimpered, huddling to the corner of the room.

November 17th 1970:

Kashiwagi was driving Kazama through the barren forest in the middle of the night. An ominous mist filled the surroundings along with droplets of light rain. Kazama was seated in the back of the van, his arms wrapped tight around Kiryu, ready to defend at a moment's notice.

"I still can't believe Naito is Omi's son." Kashiwagi stated, rubbing his eyes from tiredness.

"You ok, Kashiwagi? I could drive for a little if you want?" Asked Kazama. Kashiwagi shook his head. Kazama slumped back in his seat, impatient at the fact that they had to take the long way as many members of not just the Naito Family were watching the main roads, many other Tojo henchmen were as well.

"So, did Chairman Tojo really allow Naito to kill Matsushima and Takeda along with taking their assets?" Questioned Kazama.

"Yes. Chairman Tojo knew that the Nihara Family would be more united if Matsushima and Takeda were gone. They were both too ambitious for their own good but the Chairman probably doesn't see the same issue in Naito" explained Kashiwagi.

"Only problem is that in the span of a few hours, the Naito family has developed from a meagre third tier associate to one of the largest families in the clan."