Chapter 11: A New Life

December 4th 1970:

Hirano was locked up in a dark underground cell. Many of the Naito Family took turns in torturing him. Having fun while doing so. However, Hirano still clung onto life.

One day however, Shimano came down to visit him. Shimano held his taped up shoulder in pain while facing down Hirano.

"Hirano. Tell me where Kazama is? Before I gotta chop ya up to bits!"

Hirano shook his head.

"I don't know where he is. I really don't!" Shouted Hirano.

Shimano unsheathed his katana and pointed it at Hirano's chest.

"Do ya know what this place is?" Shimano begun to tug at the shackles that had Hirano imprisoned. "This is a little place we call 'The Hole'. Any yakuza that fall outta line, we chuck 'em down here. No one's survivin' more than a month down here."

Hirano tried to break himself free but Shimano whipped his chest lightly with his katana.

"Anyway, ya got a visitor." Said Shimano, permitting the visitor to enter.

"Tanizawa..."

"Hirano-kun. I have to say, you've really fucked it all up!" Laughed Tanizawa, picking up a burning fire poker and jabbing Hirano's wounds with it.

Hirano winced in pain as Shimano and Tanizawa continued torturing him.

January 9th 1971:

Hirano stood numb from the countless days of torture. He placed his hands on the cold and stiff bricks, hoping to find some sort of heat in the freezing chamber. The cell door creaked open where Naito stood.

"Oyabun! You have to get me out of here!" Begged Hirano.

Naito laughed at Hirano's request.

"Get you out of here? You're not going anywhere until you tell me where Kazama's hiding!" Naito pulled out a small bag of salt and dumped it onto Hirano's wounded back.

Hirano screamed in pain while Naito continued, smirking at his torment. Soon afterwards, Tanizawa came into Hirano's cell. Tanizawa got a torch from the wall while Naito got some oil. After Naito poured some oil onto Hirano's left shoulder, Tanizawa placed the torch onto it, setting it ablaze. Flames stretched across most of Hirano's left arm and it moved all the way onto a portion of his back, ruining part of his koi tattoo. After a moment, Naito put out the flames and watched Hirano gasp for air.

"Got anything to say, Hirano?"

"No! I won't sell Kazama out like that!" Said Hirano passionately.

"They all say that in the beginning." Naito turned his back to Hirano and walked off.

Later that day...

Naito and Tanizawa relaxed in the family office, casually smoking cigarettes and trying to come up with a plan for Hirano.

"How about we throw him into the wilderness for a while? It's the middle of winter so it might work." Suggested Tanizawa.

"He might escape if we take him out of the cell. Anyway I have to clear my mind so I need to take a piss. We'll continue this later." Said Naito.

Naito got up and went into the toilet to relieve himself. Tanizawa watched the door with caution, pulling out a pistol and reloading it before aiming at the door.

When Naito entered the meeting room, he was startled when he saw Tanizawa aiming his gun at him.

Tanizawa got up and put the gun up to Naito's head.