Chapter 2 - The Mission

I darted back inside and threw the bag on the bed. I stood in a corner next to the door and grabbed the
switchblades in the back of my sports bra. I jerked both of my hands forward for the blades to come out.

The two men slammed the door open and ran in. I immediately slammed the door shut with my foot as they made eye contact with me. I threw the knife that was in my right hand in between the man's, that was farthest from me, eyes which made him drop on the ground.

Bull's eye.

The other one raised his gun, but I grabbed his hand that held the gun with my right hand as I spun inwards quickly stabbing him three times with my left hand. Neck. Heart. Stomach. The man's eyes widened as I stared at him. His eyes rolled back and he collapsed on the floor.

I crouched to the man to double check if he was dead and then I noticed something on his neck.

I used the knife that I stabbed him with and shifted his head to the side with it. I saw a tattoo and furrowed
my eyebrows.

"Latin?", I said as I noticed the scripture.

"Vivamus simul, Morietur solus...Live together, Die alone?", I questioned at the odd message.

I cleaned my knife on the man's clothes and walked to the other corpse to see the same scripture on the man's neck.

This is too odd to be a coincidence.

I took out the other knife from the man's face and also cleaned it on his clothes. I stood up to grab my phone from the bag and quickly took some pictures, then I put it back in my bag. I walked back out of the room as I put the bag over my shoulder and closed the door. I jogged down the stairs in a hurry before someone finds them in the room.

When I reached the ground floor and exited the building, I stopped to look back one last time.

"..hm" I'm going to miss Marisol. Even though the lady was annoyingly talkative, she was kind.

I started to walk in the opposite direction from where I went for today's mission. After about 5 minutes of walking in the dark, with only some light posts illuminating the street, I turned right and ended up in an alley. I kept myself hidden using the shadows of the buildings. I crouched and opened my bag to grab my phone. I called Carlos.

"You're alive", I heard Carlos say in relief.

"Did you want me to die?", I said rolling my eyes. I heard him typing on his keyboard as he ignored what I said.

"....I tracked you and I know where you are. Get out of the alley and go back to Las Ramblas. A black Mercedes-Benzes 2019 will be waiting for you to pick you up. Then you'll take a flight back to France"

"Got it", I said and hung up.
I put the phone back in the bag as I stood up and put it over my shoulders. I walked in the direction of Las
Ramblas.

After about a 10-minute walk, I saw a black car waiting for me. As I was getting closer, a man got
out of the front passenger seat and opened the door. I greeted the man and got in.

After about 35 minutes we arrived at my company's private field. The car stopped next to a matte black
Luxor jet with the initials of the company on the tail of the plane.

IAA.

International Assassin's Association.

It's a very 'private' association. That is, only people of higher ranks and others who do 'illegal' activities know of
the organization.

I got out of the car with my bag around my shoulder as I walked and entered the jet. After everything was
taken care of, the jet took off. I closed my eyes for the duration of the flight. I didn't sleep. You have to be
prepared for every situation that may occur. That's what we were trained to do. As the saying goes, always
sleep with one eye open.