Chapter 24 - Relief

My right hand quickly removed the object and I immediately looked at what it was.

It was a f*cking ballpoint pen.

I turned around and jabbed the pen in his abdomen.

"AH!" Carlos backhanded me, making me fall to the floor yet again.

My energy was running out. He grabbed the pen from his abdomen and went full out on me.

He stabbed me.

Multiple times.

I tried my best to block him with my arms and legs crouching in front of him, which made the pen only stab me in the arms and legs. Carlos put his arms all the way up, with both hands wrapped around the pen. His face was full of rage. Full of certainty. I knew that this was going to be his final blow.

As his arms dropped at full speed towards my face, I put my hands in front of me making the pen penetrate both of my hands.

I screamed.

Carlos continued pulling his weight on my hands, making the pen go deeper and almost reaching my eye. There was no way I could get out of this without using my hands. Then I did my most fail-free move to avoid getting stabbed in the eye. I slammed my knee in his balls.

"AHH!!" Carlos fell on his knees. I quickly sat up and crawled towards the metal chain that was now on the ground. My body was now bleeding from all over the place, but I didn't care. It was a worry for later. I have to end this now.

I grabbed the chain and used the railing of the bridge to support me when standing up. Pain shot throughout my body. I was barely able to stand on my legs.

"*groan* f*ck" I stood crookedly against the railing with my body facing Carlos. I rolled the end of the chain against my bleeding hand. I winced at the pain.

I waited until Carlos stood up and also leaned against the bridge on the opposite side in front of me. We were both out of breath. Carlos looked at me and started to laugh.

"D-Do you know what Mr. Kim said to me when he found out who I was?" Carlos smirked at me. My eyes darkened when he mentioned Mr. Kim.

"H-He said *laugh* He said 'don't hurt Nova' *laugh* Can you believe him? You're mine" Blood rushed through my veins as he laughed manically.

I leaped at him and swung the chain across his face.

Again. And again. And again.

Tears ran down my face as I screamed at him. His face turn more bloodied with each gash I gave him. I stopped with my body trembling with exhaustion. It was getting harder to stand on my feet. I limped towards Carlos that was also barely standing up. I punched him in the face.

"This is for my organisation" I punched him again.

"This is for my friends" I punched him again and grabbed his collar. He smirked at me with his face full of opened wounds.

"I will never be yours. You're a maniac" I gritted at him. He smiled at me and looked me in the eyes.

"Do you want to know what that man last words were?" I knew that he was still  talking about Mr. Kim. I grabbed the other end of the chain and gripped it with both of my hands, preparing myself for what he was going to say.

"Please…" Carlos mocked with a desperate tone.

"…please…leave my daughter alone" Carlos smiled with satisfaction at me. I screamed at him with an aching heart as I jumped over the railing of the bridge behind him, turning my body towards his back and dropped my body weight with the chains over his neck.

*CRACK*

"*sob*…" I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying. I looked down and saw the ground that was all the way to the bottom. I was now dangling on a broken neck, with two hands that can barely hold myself up.

The blood on my hands made it harder to grip the chain. I tried pulling myself up but stopped halfway due to the stab wounds in my arms and legs. I couldn't hold myself anymore.

The blood from Carlos' face was also slowly dripping on my head. At least this is over. My hands started to slide from the chain. The holes in my hands made it difficult to hold on. I took a shaky breath in. I closed my eyes, still trying my hardest to hold on. But I was losing my grip.

I guess this is it.

As my hands lost complete grip from the chain, someone grabbed my wrist stopping me from falling down. I looked up.

"I got you. I got you" Zeke said to me.

I smiled in relief as he pulled me up. His hands wrapped around my waist as he helped me go over the railing. I immediately lost control of my legs and dropped on the ground. Zeke dropped with me.

"Nova. Nova? Can you hear me?" Zeke said with worry. I was too exhausted to utter a word.

I don't really remember anything else except hearing the other guys coming as I closed my eyes.