Chapter 14 - Spotted

We stepped in the elevator, and I clicked the down button. Since it would take only four seconds to go down, I quickly prepared myself. I handed sound processors - silencers - to the guys to not cause a potential commotion outside.

"*inhale*....*exhale*" In those four seconds, my eyes were fully concentrated on the door as I rotated the silencer on my gun. My surroundings became still, putting all my senses on high alert. At this point, I forgot about my wounds.

Then the door opened, and I saw three man trashing the place from the hall.
I grabbed my standard dagger that is always in my right thigh's harness and threw it in the man's forehead making him immediately lose his balance.

I dashed towards the falling body and stepped on his body mid-fall and rolled to my feet while grabbing the dagger from his head with my left hand. I shot the other two men in the head while signaling the guys behind me to go forward as I inspected the body. The guys quickly walked to the front and shots were fired.

I had full trust in the guys, strangely, and didn't really worry about their well-being at that point. I used my gun to move the man's head to the side and I saw the tattoo.

"*clicks tongue*"

I inspected the body with my hands and felt something solid in one of his pockets. I reached for his pocket and took out a phone. I put the phone in my back pocket and moved on to the other two. I grabbed their phones and walked to the front with my gun in front of me. As I walked to the front, I saw Zeke giving a guy one last punch. I lowered my gun and walked to the guys. There were nine bodies on the floor. They didn't really stand a chance against the guys.

"Grab their phones"

I walked to the door while the guys searched the men's bodies. Luckily, the blinds of the bookstore were closed. I opened the blinds slightly with my gun and noticed a black van parked outside. I watched the van for three minutes and no one got out of the van.

"What?" Zeke said walking towards me.

"Stay here" I said and opened the door and my gun in the back of by pants. Luckily, it was time for people to go home so there weren't many people on the street.

I increased my pace and then slowly walked to the back of the van. The van had tinted windows, so it was harder for me to make out the inside of the van. I put my right hand on my back, reaching for my gun just in case.

I walked to the right door and put my hand on the door, slowly opening it. Then all of a sudden, the door violently opened, and another masked man grabbed my collar and dragged me inside leading me to loosen my grip on my gun.

"AH!"

He punched me in my side, right on my healing wound. I was laying between the driver seat and the front passenger seat. There was no space for me to grab my gun, so I had to improvise. I blocked his other punches with my arms and used my leg to shove him to the back. He fell back and I quickly jumped on him and grabbed my blade that was attached to my left leg. I shoved it towards his neck, but he grabbed my wrist and punched me with his other hand. I lost my balance for a split second and then he tackled me to ground.

He grabbed my dagger and used both his hand to stab me in the face, but I quickly used my hands to stop him from doing so. My arms were starting to hurt from me using my strength to prevent him from stabbing me, but he was stronger. The dagger was getting closer to my face, but I used my knee to kick him in his balls which resulted in him losing his grip.

The dagger grazed my cheek, and I quickly grabbed the dagger and stabbed him in his carotid artery in his neck. His blood gushed on my face, and some went into my mouth. The man's lifeless body dropped on me.