Chapter 6 - The Reason I

- 7 years and 10 months ago -

"Agent N, you'll do this mission and come back immediately. Understood?" Mr. Kim said to me while handing me my necessary documents.

"Yes, Mr. Kim"

I grabbed the documents and exited the office. I walked back to my room, that was on the same floor, and put the files in my packed suitcases. I only had to grab a few more things before going to America. I sat on my bed and wondered about my first 'solo mission', which is when you do a mission without any colleagues to back you up.
You had to do everything by yourself. At only 14 years old, this is a big deal.

*click*

I heard my door open, and someone's head peered into my room.

"The jet's ready. Do you have everything?" 22-year-old Carlos said.

"Yes"

I got up and skimmed through my room to check if I forgot anything. With one last check, I handed Carlos my suitcases and made my way to the jet.

---

To keep a long story short, I arrived in America about 30 minutes ago and got settled in my apartment. Now I'm lying on my bed.

"*exhale*"

Tomorrow's the first day of my mission. My first solo mission. I have to steal something. Well more like get something back without anyone knowing. And it's something very valuable at that.

The Italians and the Russians have been going at it for years, decades even. Apparently, the Russians took down some of the Italians' warehouses, and what did they get in return? Some of their very important files got stolen.

Every important transaction you can think of, secret deals with the government, drug deals, trafficking ring, underground fighting locations, stolen goods, were saved on one single USB stick.

Which is a very stupid move.

The Russians have proof that the Italians are responsible, so they paid my organization to do their work without looking suspicious in a sense. And that's what I'm doing here.

I have to infiltrate the Italians' home and steal back what's originally theirs.

That's my mission.

I did my research already, with the help of Carlos  of course. And I already made a plan. A plan that has a 90% chance of success. I will go to the same school as the Don's son and be acquainted with each other. Then somehow, he will lead me to his house where I'll find out where they're hiding the item and steal it back.

Easy.

"Now let's practice that theory..*sigh*" I rolled to my side and turned off the lights.

I had an interesting few months ahead of me.

---

"*huff*" I stood in front of the Berkshire private school of Massachusetts. The building looks very traditional. I entered the building and made my way to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm new here. Do you mind handing me my schedule, please?"

"Hi there, you must be Nadine!" The lady said my 'name'.

"Yes" I smiled.

"Do you have your documents?" She asked me.

"Uh yes..." I went through my bag and handed her my documents.

"Thank you, wait just a moment please..." She said while walking in the back somewhere.

"Okay.." I put my lips together and looked around.