Chapter 5 - The Meeting

I narrowed my eyes to the man in front of me, with his gun pointed at me. I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"Who are you?" Zeke said in a low voice, still pointing the gun at my face.

"...well it's good to see you too, Zeke. And you know who I am" I rolled my eyes and turned to grab my heels. Some of the man started to stand up.

"You know this girl, boss?" one guy asked.

"No. She just resembles someone from my past" he said with irritation and look at me up and down.

Not going to lie, that kind of stung.

"So, you're the Don now. I'll have to admit I didn't expect that, Zeke. Yet again, you never completely know someone" I said in a playful manner.

"Don't call me that" he gritted his teeth.

"Yeah okay" I walked past him. Before I could walk any further, he grabbed my elbow making me face him.

"What are you doing here?" He said full of anger.

"Okay, chill. Can't a girl go to a club? Nothing strange here, jeez" I exclaimed.

"It is strange, seeing that you suddenly showed up after you stole from me and disappeared" he hissed.

"...let me go" I said while looking at him in the eyes. He clenched his teeth and let me go, making his men look at him in surprise. As far as they know, the Don never does what people ask.

"You're still a gentlemen I see" I smirked. He clenched his gun. My smirk softened.

"...look, I know you have a lot of questions right now-"

"You think?" he interrupted me.

".... meet me at this bookstore when you have time. I can answer all the questions you have, well some...Here" I handed him my librarian business card. He hesitated before grabbing it.

"How do I know you're lying? Again" he glared at me.

"You don't" I said and walked away, with my heels in my hand. I heard a man's footsteps after me.

"Leave her be" said Zeke.

"Yes, boss"

"Let's go" I heard footsteps go in the opposite direction.

"*sigh*" I walked barefoot on the street, while it's not something I would do again it was the last thing on my mind. Should I tell him everything?

Well it would seem fair since I already know who he is. I kept walking thinking about different scenarios of this future meeting. And just in time, a taxi was driving by.

"Taxi!" the car stopped, and I got in.

"Hi! Can you take me to..."

---

*chatter*

Business has been booming. The customers love me. I would feel offended if they didn't.

"Thank you, have a nice day!"
I smiled at my last customer of the day. I looked outside, trying to look for something. Well, someone actually. It's been 13 days and still no Zeke.

Not that I have been counting.

Carlos has been keeping track on the Russians for me since they are much bigger than the Irish, so it might take a while before getting something concrete. I started to clean and keep track of today's sales. I boiled some water in an electric kettle before grabbing some books that were on a table and walked in the back to put them in their place.