Chapter 16 - The Plan

"W-what are doing here, Nova?" Thix asked, like a deer caught in headlights. She gulped and looked at Igor.

"I can say the same to you, Thix" I raised my eyebrows at her. I never would have guessed that she's related to the Russians. I looked down at Theven hugging my waist with excitement.

"How do you two know each othe-and who the f*ck is Thix?" Igor asked in confusion with one hand slightly raised.

"She's the owner of the library I go to...and Thix is the name I go by in that town" She shrugged at Igor. So, Thix is not her name?

Thank God.

"And you're telling me, of all the names there is in the world…you picked f*cking Thix? And why did you give my son a stupid name?" he said rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

"Я пытался поговорить с тобой об этом, но ты был занят. А эти имена легко запомнить...(Well I tried talking to you about it, but you were busy. And those names are easy to remember…)" She said, trying to make sense of her decision.

"But f*cking Thix and Theven?…О, мой бедный сын (oh, my poor son). What were you thinking, Tatiana?" Igor sighed while looking at Theven. I pressed my lips together to stop myself from smiling.

"Well, what's done is done, мед (dear)" She walked to Igor and kissed him on the cheek while he was shaking his head.

"So Tatiana, you're Igor's wife?" I asked her, putting emphasis on her name. I tried taking Theven's arms away from me, but this kid's strong.

"Yes, I am. And I assume you're not some random librarian?" She said while sitting on a chair next to Igor.

"…Yeah, I'm an assassin" I shrugged.

"Interesting…Well, the dinner party is now cancelled" She chuckled.

"…Yeah..." I chuckled awkwardly.

What f*cking dinner party?

I looked at Zeke and he shrugged cluelessly. I looked down at Theven and rubbed his head.

"By the way, what's his name? I can't keep calling the poor kid, Theven" I looked at Tatiana and Igor scoffed embarrassed.

"*chuckle* It's Timofey. You can call him Timo. Was it really that bad of a name?" She smiled at me.

Yes, it actually was.

"Yes, sorry" I admitted. She chuckled and shrugged.

"Well, I tried" She sat back and leaned towards Igor.

"Alright, back to what we came here for. Is this the first time those f*ckers messed with your sh*t?" Zeke sat down at the table and asked Igor. Igor scowled.

"Yes. We have to think of a plan before they cause more damage" Igor said, clasping his hands on the table.

"They already did" I said seriously. All eyes were on me. "My association is a mess, my friends are kidnapped, they've attacked us multiple times, and guess what? Your f*cking brother is working for them" I looked at Igor in his eyes. He frowned and slowly stood up, putting his hands on the table. Zeke cautiously put his hand on his gun.

"Who are you to accuse my brother?" he glared at me. I could feel the tension in the room. Sh*t, I can even see it.

"Watch it, bastardo" Zeke fumed at the way he spoke. I put a hand up to stop Zeke.

"I've been working in this field for over a decade. Trust me when I say that your brother is working for them" I looked at him in the eyes.

"I saw him at the airport handling drugs-" Igor took out his gun and pointed it at me. This caused a chain reaction of everyone pointing a gun at each other. I sighed.

"So, you're the b*tch that messed him up. You did quite a number on him" He scowled.

"Okay. First of all, lower your balls. We won't get far if you keep acting like this. Now listen to me. Did he even tell you why he was there in the first place?"

"…" He kept looking at me.

So, it's a no.

"…He's been working for them for a while now" I said to him.

"Why should I trust what you say?"

"Why should you trust what your brother says? You don't even like him. And besides, I have proof. Now, all of you, lower your guns" I crossed my arms.

"Not if he lowers his first" Mattia glared at Igor. I closed my eyes.

"*sigh* You guys are being difficult. We don't have time for this. The organization is out there doing God knows f*cking what, and we're in here with no f*cking plan. So lower…your f*cking gun…before I murder all of you. I  f*cking mean it" I fumed.

Zeke slowly lowered his gun. The rest followed after.

"Now grab my laptop" I told Mattia. He scowled and took out my laptop that was in my bag on the floor. He gave it to me and after turning it on, I put all of Leonid's 'doings' on the screen.

I turned the laptop for Igor to see and he brought it closer to him while glaring at me. His fingers roamed on the laptop while his eyes slowly turned to rage. Everything was on there. From money laundering, stealing Igor's money to-

"F*cking Krokodil?" He said, with his voice filled with rage.

"Yes" I answered.

"ублюдок…(bastard)" Igor closed his hand in a fist and clenched his jaw. Zeke and I looked at each other and then back at Igor. Igor and Leonid never really had a good relationship. It was public news.

They only interacted with each other due to the sole reason of being siblings. And right now, Igor is sitting in front of us. Fuming, at the fact that the one person that he barely had trust in, betrayed him.

"Timofey, go to your room" Igor said to Timo, leaving no room for discussions. It was silent when Timo was walking to his room. The tension in the room was only covered by his fainting footsteps. As we heard the door close, Igor was the first one to speak.

"Who are they?" Igor looked at us with serious eyes.

"We don't know" Zeke admitted.

"*scoff* You don't know? Then why am I here?" Igor said with irritation in his voice.

"To help us figure out who they are? The f*ck do you think?" I answered annoyed. Zeke brushed his hand on my arm to signal me to stop. I rolled my eyes at his action.

"Look, we brought you here because we need to work together. We don't know who we're dealing with" said Zeke.

"I know we deal with our own sh*t in our own territories, but we have to come together this time whether we like it or not"

The Italians and the Russians have a strong history of violence which was all started by Arseny Yahontov, Igor's father. He was a greedy bastard who wanted to operate the entire continent of Europe by stealing territories. Igor is still trying to clean up the mess his father left behind after he died. The reason the whole thing about stealing the USB-stick started a few years back, was because of Igor's father.

"…" 

It was silent for a moment.

"What's the plan?" Igor exhaled.

"We'll have to-" Zeke got interrupted by a call.

"Che? (what?)" He answered the caller. "…send it to me" He said and hung up.

"My men in Canada found something at the location" Zeke said as a notification went off. He opened the message and exhaled through his nose and glared at the image he was sent.

"What?" I attempted to grab his phone but he held a strong grip.

What is on that phone?

"Give me the phone, Zeke" I warned him. This might be our only lead. He reluctantly gave me his phone and I looked on the screen.

"What the f*ck?!" My face turned disturbed as a chill ran down my spine.

I gave the phone to Igor and his eyebrows turned to a slight frown. It was a photo with my name written with dismembered heads plastered on a brick wall.