Chapter 9 - Krokodil

"Hello?" Carlos answered the phone groggily.

"Check my laptop. There's a drive connected to it" I heard Carlos scrambled from what I assume is his bed.

"On it"

I laid tiredly on the bed in my hotel room with my laptop next to me. I sat up, took my shoes off and stretched my toes and feet, wincing at the pain from those tight ass heels. I stood up and walked to my suitcase to change my clothes. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brushed my teeth.

"Got it!" With the toothbrush still in my mouth, I walked straight to my laptop.

"What did you find?"

"This Leonid guy...he's playing a very dangerous game *scoff* look at what I sent you.."

I grabbed my phone and walked back to the bathroom to wash off the access toothpaste. I looked on my phone screen and furrowed my eyebrows.

"CA 92707?...that's an address" I put my phone down and splashed my face with water.

"Yes. John Waine Airport. The one in Anaheim, California"

"Why an airport?" I thought to myself.

"Probably to deal some drugs behind Igor's back? I don't know...you should check it out. It's not that far from where you are right now...only 6 hours and 16 minutes..."

"...You're joking" I finished washing up and walked back to the bed with my phone.

"I mean it's worth a try...oh damn!"

"What"

"Leonid's stealing from Igor"

"What?" I pulled the laptop towards me.

"I've been looking through their bank accounts and $157,386 was extracted from Igor's account"

"So?"

"There's an offshore account in the bank of Bradesco in Brazil that just gained the same exact amount. Leonid hasn't been doing a good job covering his tracks. But the question is: What would he do with this money? And why?" Carlos pondered to himself.

"Look through his offshore account for me and see if there have been any purchases"

Carlos scanned through his purchases and write-offs. His laptop is connected to mine, so I could see what he was doing. He kept scrolling until he stopped somewhere.

"Woah...are you seeing this?"

"*smirks* Yes. Thank you, Carlos. Book me a flight to Anaheim for tomorrow. Talk to you later"

"Wait-"

"Bye" I hung up. I looked on the screen and see Leonid's last write off.

$157,386 to Oisin Byrne.

The second in command of the Irish gang.

---

I was now sitting on a foldable bench behind a bush not that far from the airport's field. I've been sitting here for 4 hours and 47 minutes already trying to look for anything out of the ordinary.

It was now 1:30am. My patience is already low and I'm out of snacks.

*tires screeching*

I grabbed my binoculars and looked at the area from where I heard the noise. Three black SUVs were driving behind each other towards the back of a private garage.

"*sigh* finally"

I grabbed my guns and knives to put them in the harness that hugged my torso. I was wearing black sports leggings and a hoodie, with a sports bra underneath of course, as well as a black mask. I put everything back in my backpack and after making sure the area was clear, I jogged towards where the cars were.