Chapter II (Arc 1).

Wang Linxue fell into a dreamful sleep. Events she read about in the book and more created images in her head and floated around in her dreams.

They became a part of her in the dream, like she was living it. That was how dreams felt actually. She shifted in a surprising comfortable bed as she felt the morning sun on her face.

' Huh... My bed isn't near the window, so why is my face hot ' she thought and she shifted away from the sun her back facing the window.

Now the sun was shining on neck making her feel slightly uncomfortable. Deciding she had had enough sleep, she sat up rubbing her eyes.

She yawned half asleep and stretched before moving her feet to the ground . But she felt that the bed was higher than usual and stumbled to the ground which instantly woke her up.

She got up and stared at the unfamiliar room in awe. The bedroom was huge, squarish and very comfy. The room was bright and girly but also neatly kept. It had a lounge chair a bit further from the bed so that it wasn't in the way and a fluffy ledge sofa near the big windows which had intricate designs where you could see the outside with sunlight spilling out.

As for the smell ,the room smelt like it was smothered with rose air freshener and freshly washed clothes.

Overall, this was definitely not her room. This was a stark difference in fact.

Confused she opened one of the rooms in the bedroom and found a small room full of clothes, shoes and other accessories.

'This is very weird. Where the hell am I?'

She closed the door and carefully opened a second door and found out it was a bathroom. She entered closing the door behind her.

This is definitely not her room.

The bathroom looked just like a hotel's bathroom. Clean and nothing out of place. She went to the mirror to look at herself and got the shock of her life.

She looked... younger? But also different, like she was another person. She looked at the oval shaped face in front of her. Framed delicately but had sharper eyebrows and wide forehead.

Her cheeks still had a bit of baby fat which made her look cute. Her nose was short and cute but what stood out on the face was the big round doll eyes. It was dark and sparkled and made the face so appealing to look at.

Someone knocked on the door startling Wang Linxue as she whirled her head towards the sound.

" Are you there Young Mistress?",a female voice rang from the outside the bathroom sounding a bit muffled.

Young Mistress?

"Um, yes?"

"Can I come in?"

Wang Linxue asked confused, "Why?"

There was a pause before the voice continued " To prepare you for today. Your father said you are going to meet the Young Master of the Xi family today."

'Who now? Yeah, like I know some Young Master.'

The owner of the voice entered the room gently and entered a young lady dressed in a maid's costume.

Simple and neat looking lady whose hair was tied in a bun.

" Can I start Young Mistress?",the maid looked down and didn't meet Wang Linxue in the eye.

"Start what?", Wang Linxue questioned warily looking at the person in front of her.

The maid still with her head down politely spoke in an albeit confused tone, " Start your morning routine? That includes bathing you, brushing your..."

"Oh oh, I will do it myself then", Wang Linxue laughed embarrassingly.

She didn't know what the heck was happening but she decided to go along with it and get some info. This for one could be a scam or something. Or perhaps a dream?

The maid looked shocked and raised her head to look at the girl in front of her.

The girl could barely do anything for herself and now was keeping her away. She better get out before the girl throws something at her again.

The maid discreetly touched her forehead where there was a band aid . It ached because the Young Mistress had thrown one of the flower vase decorations at her when she was having a fit yesterday.

Today, the spoilt girl is acting totally different.

"Ok, Young Mistress. Then I'll prepare your clothes", the maid hesitantly left the room.

Wang Linxue did her 'morning routine' a bit slowly because she looking at and discovering things she had never seen or done before and this took a while. Like the shower, it was so stylish and sleek. She spent a lot of time in there than usual.

The maid outside was nervous and wanted to go inside to check on the girl but didn't want to risk the chance of having something thrown at her.

After a few minutes, Wang Linxue got out in a towel and without a word, the maid led her to the mirror and dressed her up.

Her middle length hair was brushed into a lob hairstyle with the ends curled , framing her oval shaped face making her look doll like.

Soon, they were done and the maid guided Wang Linxue somewhere. The hallway was also nice looking and very modern. Typical rich person home.

Leading her down the stairs, a man was waiting for her dressed in a gray suit and trousers looking sophisticated.

" Who's that?", Wang Linxue lead towards the maid.

The maid unflinchingly answered " That is your father Mr Wang Linkai."

Wang Linkai? The name sounds familiar.

Going in front of the man, the man placed his hand on top of her head smiling.

"How are you today?" Turning to the maid beside her ," I hope she didn't cause any problems today."

" No problems today, Mr Wang."

The man laughed," That's a first."

Feeling the warmth on her head, Wang Linxue suddenly became emotional.

Her nose felt sour and her eyes prickly . She felt something stuck in her chest waiting to explode.

"Good thing you prepared well today. We are going to meet Xi Jinwei today. Remember him? You used to play at his house when you were younger", the man spoke rubbing the girl's hair gently.

" I am accompanying you today because your mother has an appointment today. I told you a few weeks ago that you have been engaged to him. So you better get on his good side.", the man spoke sternly but lovingly.

" Do I make myself clear?"

Wang Linxue listened to everything carefully and froze.

Wait .

Why did one one she was engaged to have the name of the male lead in the book she read yesterday and she was coincidentally engaged to him?