Chapter XLIII

Sorry for the late update guys, I was watching this new C drama ( Till the end of the moon)  instead of writing, but better late than never right?.... This is also a two in one chapter so it's a long read. Here you go♥️♥️♥️.

Looking at herself put together in the mirror, blue crystals glittering on the hairpin on her head, Wang Linxue felt beautiful as she was. She adjusted her opal necklace that Uncle Lao gave deciding to wear it for this occasion. It always reminded her of her life before now. The opal necklace, the size of pinky nail but round glittered in the light against her blue attire.

Honestly, after years of being in this novel... dimension... whatever, she could not identify what happens in the next second anymore. It was always easier to know what would happen but in any case the timeline was somewhat in line for now.

Since the plot wasn't that effective anymore,for today's party, she really could not predict what would happen exactly. When she read the novel previously, during the party, the original Wang Linxue who was still the fiancee to Xi Jinwei drove a wedge between him and Ling Zhirou.

Xi Jinwei, as demanded by his grandmother was asked to accompany the original Wang Linxue, sit with her, to be tied to the hip during the party. Xi Jinwei who hated her did so reluctantly because he loved his Grandmother very much and didn't want her to be worried while his love, Ling Zhirou watched with a heavy heart.

Wang Linxue who led Xi Jinwei to the vast garden alone for some reason saw Ling Zhirou coming from a distance and locked lips with him. An evil plan to create misunderstanding because she hated how her fiance looked at her step sister like she was his whole world and not her.

She was raging inside.

Xi Jinwei who was stunned not knowing how to react heard Ling Zhirou gasp from the side and pushed Wang Linxue away before wiping his lips in disgust ,sneering in hate.

Before he could say anything, Ling Zhirou ran away prompting Xi Jinwei to chase after her but Wang Linxue smirked in victory. For Ling Zhirou, anything concerning Xi Jinwei could make her irrational and jealous. So Ling Zhirou ignored Xi Jinwei for a long time but he coaxed and apologized to her before she forgave him.

Feeling a headache coming, Wang Linxue took a deep and long breath through her nostrils feeling her chest tighten before releasing a big breath through her mouth. She hoped nothing would happen and everything will run smoothly.

Taking the present she had prepared for the old lady today, she called out to her friend who was packing her clothes back into her closet.

"Long Yue." She called out after a while.

" Mm?"

Turning to her friend, she was about to tell her that they should go down stairs so they could get going. But upon seeing Long Yue, she gasped in awe.

" Long Yue?You look so good!" She squealed in delight. Long Yue was a very pretty girl and she owned it much to her delight.

" Are you saying I usually don't?" Long Yue tsked at her. Wang Linxue waved her hands in denial and teased her friend.

" You always look good .Even better today. Where have you been hiding all your beauty?"Wang Linxue switched her bootlicking mode on.

" Hmph! You know how to be filial." She said proudly before both of them laughed at each other.

" If I look good, then what of you huh? No need to praise you and make your head extra big." Long Yue waved her hand in dismissal.

Both of them went downstairs where her father and sister were talking to each other about something. They both looked quite harmonious like father and daughter and Wang Linxue felt a pang of jealousy as she clutched her hand bag.