Chapter XXXVII

Long chapter ahead. You're welcome. Feel free to point out any grammatical errors and I shall edit it. I did all the proofreading I could. Enjoy 🧡🧡.

"It's done?" Xi Jinwei asked surprised as he spoke to the phone.

" Mmhm! How will you reward me?" Cheng Qi teased as he sat in the bus after the tutoring.

" How did you do it?" He didn't expect his friend to be successful on the first day. At least in a week was what he expected.

" Let's just say, I was lucky. Don't want to talk on the phone for this one. Anyone could be listening."

" Mm." Sitting in front of his computer he agreed. He had been very busy on his device nowadays. He was silent throughout and Cheng Qi couldn't take it.

" Mm? What Mm? Where's my reward? I literally risked my life for you."

"I owe you." He said shortly.

Gasping, he clutched his heart in mock satisfaction. " You are to kind."

Cheng Qi reached home  and was greeted his mom who stood by the door.

" Cheng Qi,are you sure about this tutoring job? You should be studying for yourself. College entrance exam is around the corner." She followed him as he walked to his room. She didn't approve and wanted him to focus on his own studies.

" Don't worry Mom." He answered briefly while entering his room in thought.

" Dear." His father placed his hand on his wife shoulders as she stood in front of his door and pulled her away.

" Trust him."

" But-" She complained.

Xi Jinwei who sat in front of his computer stared attentively at the data in front of him. Finally the attacks had subsided. It all depended on the Wang family to help themselves now. He breathed a sigh of relief and massaged his wrist tiredly.

For a while now, he had tried to ease the burden the Wang Corporation was facing. When he heard what Wang Linxue discussed with his Grandma, he decided to help discreetly.

He recently investigated and found the Fu Family's involvement in this but it wasn't much, which meant whoever was doing this either wanted to be subtle or didn't have much resources in the first place.

So he decided to trail who was easily accessible and so bugged Fu Tuying who was his number one suspect since he was the heir of the Fu Family. He would know what was going on.

If it was him, whoever Fu Tuying was working with would be hinted if he ever had a conversation at home.

A knock sounded on his door before a maid muttered from outside.

" Young Master. Mr Xi would like to speak to you in the study room."

Shutting his laptop down, he headed to the study room. Getting there, his Grandfather asked him to sit down.

''Ah, how are you doing Grandson. I can't keep up with you youngsters nowadays." He drank his tea nonchalantly before keeping quiet.

" I'm fine Grandfather. Umm , I'm also preparing for the college entrance exams. Is there a reason you called me?"

" Sigh. Can't I chat or have a moment with my Grandson. You're always with your Grandmother, do you see me as boring?" He sighed sadly.

" I don't ." He smirked a bit amused by the question.

" Ok, let's cut to the chase then." He placed his tea cup down.
" I'm not getting any younger and I have to make sure I leave the Fu Family's wealth into proper hands if I die."