Chapter XI.

Hey there, whoever is reading. I can't tell since most of you don't comment 😛. So now I will USUALLY update at least two chapters near the end of the week. Three to four chapters if you comment and vote a lot.
Ps: Writing is very hard you know so show some love by voting and commenting🥺🥺. Didn't know what I was getting into when I decided to start writing my novel. Anyways, enjoy this read😄💙💙💙💙.

(Ps: I have changed some details in the novel here so the chapter becomes okay. I have also removed the slightly sexual innuendo from Linxue from dialogue to thoughts. Gosh! So weird. How did you guys even read this ?)

They both climbed up the stone stairs that was covered in some vines and dried leaves. The temple was very small and old. It gave Wang Linxue a nostalgic feeling.

Back in her previous life, during Christmas or Chinese New year, the orphanage would take them to temples and shrines to pray and ask for blessings and happiness in life. Later on they bought gifts and meals for them to celebrate.

They carefully walked into the small temple space since the temple doors were already opened.

Old mats laid there in front of the alter and half burned incense laid there on the ground with a pile of sand and a toppled bowl beside it. The place smelt like mold and sandalwood.

An oddly and somewhat soothing scent. The place was dark and dingy with only few streams of light passing through the windows.

" No one's here. It looks like has been abandoned for quite some time. But it looks like someone has been coming here not too long ago though." Xi Jinwei said suspiciously and went forward to open the window and they saw the things in temple clearly.

Does that mean someone has been using the place as a hide out or something? Wang Linxue was curious how he knew this.

"There were no cobwebs for a place this old." He muttered to her seeing her confused expression.

Wang Linxue nodded and looked around at the place while Xi Jinwei opened the rest of the windows.

Near the altar were side drums, auspicious drawings which were torn and worn out on the walls and they became more visible the more Xi Jinwei opened the windows.

Ceramic figures ,some intact and some broken on the upmost part of the altar and there were plaster moldings with motif in front of the altar.

It looked like a prayer temple at most. The place felt weird in a sort so she asked Ping about it.

'Ping , what kind of temple is this? Ping? '

The voice in her head was silent and Ping was not there anymore.

'Ping. Ping! If this is one of your revenge tactics this is not the time.'

Wang Linxue looked and felt lost for a moment before Xi Jinwei grabbed her shoulder, " Are you okay?"

Snapping out of her reverie she feigned a smile, " It's nothing. Just feeling a bit tired and started spacing out." She laughed and raised her fleece jacket and took out the cake.

"Here, have this."

Xi Jinwei looked at the sponge cake in the rubber and pushed it to her. " You have it."

" I'm not hungry you know and as the male lead, you should survive this ordeal."

Oh no. You fool! Why do I have such a loose tongue!

" Male Lead?" Xi Jinwei paused at the title and stared at her.

" Why do you call me that?" He asked a bit confused and took a step forward at her.

Wang Linxue jumped at the question, " I ,um- you see, so there's um...." She shut up and organized her thoughts.

" That's what I call you in my head. You know, I call people different things in my head and that's what I call you, hehe."

She didn't stammer because she wasn't lying but she also wasn't saying the full truth either.

Not wanting him to ask more questions, she walked forward and thrusted the cake to him. She passed by him and went forward to pick up the prayer mat in front.

Not looking at him and setting the mat, she said, "Let us rest here for a while, then figure out a way to get out of here later."

Xi Jinwei saw her getting comfortable on the floor. She , the spoilt princess of the Wang family was freely sleeping on a dirty old mat and placing her head on her fleece jacket without complain.

He also picked up the dirty mat and laid it besides hers and sat on it not minding whether his dark trousers would be dirty. He wiped his hand in his blue shirt and tore the rubber of the cake.

Wang Linxue who was feeling tired but not yet sleepy smelt the scent of cake in front of her nose. Looking up, the male lead had stretched his hand to give her half of the cake.

"Here."

" Thank you."

Deciding to tease him, she didn't collect the cake and directly bit it from his hands startling him.

He let go blushing and Wang Linxue with a tight grip on the cake with her teeth used her hand to shove it whole in her mouth and chewed.

She wiped the crumbs off her lips and
turned to Xi Jinwei who had turned to the side and away from her shyly, silently eating his cake and smirked at his reaction.

'Aiya! So innocent now. What a wolf he became when he grew up. Eating up the female lead slowly when they grew up. Let me tease him a bit.'

She turned and laid on her belly, raised her hands and placed her face in it "So dear fiance", she grinned and criss crossed her feet in the air. He turned to her hesitantly.

" Do you have a crush on someone? You know , first love. Hehe. " , She sighed twirling her hair and laying on her back with an evil smirk.

She knew he did and wanted to learn more about her .

What was her name again?

He paused as if remembering someone from his past before his ears already red turned bright red. He mumbled an embarrassed, " Whatever."

Wang Linxue paused at his cute expression before bursting out laughing uncontrollably.

She laughed louder at Xi Jinwei's red ears and ashamed expression unable to breath for a moment before laughing some more.

"That's great for you kid." She finally said to him.

She never had a first love or anything and wondered who she would like in the near future. How would he look like? Who would he be? Or was she going to end up alone?

'Hopefully not Xi Jinwei.' Ping commented.

" I'm going to look around for a while okay." They had to scout the area before threading on. For all you know they might be leading towards civilization or away from it.

" Let me come with you."

" Stay safe, Jinwei. I will come looking for you."

The moment she reached a bit far from the temple,Ping exclaimed, ' Kid! Finally you got out of the temple.'

'Ping, what happened to you? You just disappeared.' She breathed a sigh of relief that he was still here with her.

' Well, according to one of the conditions of being your guardian, my presence can't exist in a temple since it's your means of going back home.'

'What do you mean by that? Why didn't you say so earlier and why can't I sense you in a temple. What conditi...'

Before she could finish, a sinister voice sounded behind her giving her chills, " What do we have here?"

Before she could turn, someone hit her head hard with something heavy knocking Wang Linxue out before she knew it plunging her in unconsciousness.

So quick question, why do you think, Ping can't communicate with Linxue?
What do you think is going to happen to Wang Linxue and where is Xi Jinwei?
Please vote and comment on the book right now or else🧐.