Chapter XXIX

Come on guys, vote vote vote!! I need it to write more 🤧🤧. Another chapter coming your way.

The news of Wang Linxue 'bullying' Ling Zhirou spread so quickly. Just after break, most students had heard of it.When she went to class, some people looked at her in contempt. She even heard some students talking about how she was jealous of her sister.

Long Yue who sat at the back of her nodded in reassurance.
' I believe you.'

Ling Zhirou was in class and other students were asking her what happened.

Looking self righteous and pretty, she replied with,

" It's all my fault." Or

" I shouldn't have provoked her. I didn't know she would react this way."

But this was probably her plan. To make everyone think of her as a bully. No one dared to confront her because she was from the Wang family.

Xi Jinwei also acted like nothing happened at all but she was curious about he really thought . Afterall he never outright said he believed her fully.

After school , when everyone left, Cheng Qi and Wang Linxue who were coming from their Form Master's office after completing some assignments met Shen Hui who stood in front of the classroom door impatiently.

" See you later." Cheng Qi nodded at the two girls.

" Yeah sure." Only Wang Linxue responded.

" Do you need something?"

" You never listen do you?" Shen Hui folded her arms, frowning in disappointment.

Wang Linxue pouted. Shen Hui was right. She didn't listen and thought Zhirou was harmless. Now she had shifted people's impression of her in just a day!

" You were right. I get it. Can I go home now?" She didn't want to deal with Ms Attitude right now.

"Tch! You can, but let me warn you, if you let my co- idol fall into her hands, you'll regret it." She looked away angry.

What was she even saying? Before she could ask, Shen Hui left in a hurry leaving her confused.

She didn't get why Shen Hui was so...supportive of her or specifically Xi Jinwei. She seemed to hold him in high regards for some reason.

She went home early today but her father was also home today, speaking aggressively at someone on the phone in the backyard.

"Tell the investors that I will hold a meeting tommorow as soon as possible."

" No ,this is the matter of the Wang Enterprise so they should think before they break any contract."

He was silent , listening to the person on the phone and pacing anxiously.

" Fang Luman. She's the one trying to sabotage me?" He asked a bit shocked as he clenched his fingers holding the phone to his ears.

'What did mom have to do with this?' She hid behind the decorative bushes of the house to listen carefully.

" Ok. Just set me up with DL company tommorow as well." He placed his hand on his waist listening.

" The divorce isn't settled yet. But we'll see what will happen."

"Ok"

He hanged up and sighed rubbing his eyebrows tiredly. He turned to see someone moving back to hide. He caught a glimpse of the person and called out,

"Linxue?"

Oh shoot! He had caught her.

" Father, I didn't mean to eavesdrop on..."

" Thanks goodness you're here." He walked forward and grasped her shoulders.

Ok?

"I want you to go to the Old Master Xi's house. You go and tell him that the Wang family would like to have co operation with him.
Or perhaps invest. The Wang Enterprise is beginning to run at a loss now and if..."

He went on and on ,pacing and running his hand through his hair. He father had aged overnight, his hair graying at some parts and he looked tired and a bit haggard.

She knew he had a knife over his head from the blackmail Ling Zhirou gave him. Now he had to divorce his wife and now it seemed her mother was taking revenge.

Ling Zhirou was really not sparing the Wang family at all. It could get messy if nothing was done about it. Though the Wang family was one the most powerful families in China but it wasn't one the most elite .

So the Wang Family had some pitfalls and the right conditions could topple it.

There were three classes of powerful families in China. The elite families,which were only five in number, the first rate families and the second rate families.

The Wang Family was a first rate family which made it very respected but she knew Ling Zhirou had the backing of her mysterious organization that could sabotage the Wang Family if they tried hard.

" So you want me to go to the Xi Family to beg?" She asked.

He sighed and placed his hand on her hand like he used to , " Of course not. I mean you are the soon to be daughter in-law of the family and they owe us a debt of gratitude.
I know this must be hard for you but, the Wang Family is everything my family has built for decades. It can't just go down like that. I hope you understand."

Right. She and Xi Jinwei were thinking of breaking the engagement so she was at a difficult position.

" Ok. I will go." She smiled and placed her hand on her father's hand on top of her head.

" But you have to promise me one thing." She stepped back his hand falling.

" What is it?"

" That you won't divorce mom." She pleaded. " Even when she insists."
She wasn't going to let Ling Zhirou succeed completely.

" Your mother doesn't really want..."

" I know you still love mom. So please father. Even with all you are doing, no matter where mom and I go. Promise me, and I'll do what I can."

He frowned at her, but relented," If the Xi Family invests in the Wang family, then I promise."

That was fine with her and she went back to her room to change to a semi formal wear. She saw that Ling Zhirou wasn't back home and she put it at the back of her head to start spying on her.

She had to look impeccable if she was going to the Xi Family even though they treated her as family.

The driver drove her to the Old man Xi's mansion and like always, she was awed by the design of the place. It looked very regal but simple. The design was very foreign but had a touch of home. This contrasted with each other but it fit perfectly.

The security guard opened the gate when he saw who it was and there where more security guards around different locations of the mansion.

She hoped this would work.

Vote and Comment.❤️❤️❤️