CHAPTER 2 : GUARDIAN FOR KAMISAMA

"WELCOME!!!" One guardian yokai who serve Hitori was really happy as soon as he saw Sakura.

He even play the trumpet to welcome her to their shrine. The shrine was small and not many people prefer going there since it was quite far from the city.

Sakura really shocked because it was beyond her expectation. Why did this man choose the unpopular shrine to serve at. She was speechless.

"We will spend the rest of our life here. So romantic right." Said Hitori while spinning happily.

"We were so happy to have you here Sakura-sama!!!" Said the guardian yokai.

"My name is Kousuke. I am a crow yokai who was assistant to Hitori-sama." Said the yokai.

"Kousuke may look small or have a kid figure but he was actually an adult." Said Hitori while sitting there like a king on his throne.

"I don't care about you two because all that matter was the first task. What should i do." Said Sakura.

"The first task was to find your assistant. You must sealed a deal with any yokai who willing to be your guardian." Said Kousuke.

"So the first task was easy. We can go to the other world together and ask for any yokai who willing to be your guardian and partner." Said Hitori.

Hitori suddenly rethink again what he himself had said just now.

"For the partner let's skip because i will be your partner instead." He said while smiling to Sakura's face.

Sakura immediately push Hitori face with her palm since the man was so close to her that time.

Hitori sit on the floor in front of Sakura while he folding his hand on his chest.

"If can i don't want a male yokai to become your guardian." Said Hitori.

Sakura stand up and she teleport to the other world.

"She just go like that??!!" Hitori was shocked because Sakura didn't wait for him.

"Did she knew how to make the contract between kami and their assistant?" Ask Kousuke.

"I haven't have the chance to explain. You take care of the shrine. I'll follow her." Said Hitori.

*****

The first task was to look for the kamisama's assistant. The assistant or so called guardian must be a yokai. The spirit must willing to serve the shrine together with the kami as well.

Sakura went to the fox village first. She remember about one 'kitsune' that fight her few years ago. She look for the fox man everywhere at the village while asking the other fox children.

"You mean brother Touma?" Said one children who was a fox yokai.

"I don't know but if not mistaken he was the one who stay at the 'kitsune' children care last time i met him. I guess he also the one that been assigned to protect the babies of yokai fox in this village." Explain Sakura.

"Not sure where he usually go but he always went back home before it's getting dark." Said the other children as well.

"Till then can i wait for him here?" Ask Sakura.

"Sure." The fox children seem to welcomed Sakura.

When night come, they invited her to have dinner together. The village didn't change much since the last time Sakura went there. She was grateful she didn't kill any of the fox yokai babies or children long time ago.

Touma who on his way home feel weird when one fox children told him someone was waiting for him.

He immediately went to their dining hall. He can immediately detect Sakura who was eating with the other fox children.

Touma then grab her hand by force.

"What are you doing here? You want to kill someone again? I thought you still at the prison! If you want to do something stupid you must go through me first." Said Touma with a serious tone.

"Why talk to kamisama like that?" Said Hitori who was sitting on a tree branch.

He still folding his hand on his chest while smiling at them.

"Ka..mi...sama?" Touma can't believe what he heard.

He laugh while holding his tummy. It was funny for him to know that Sakura become kamisama.

"You don't know that she was once a monster who wanted to kill us and the children few years ago. She was a demon!!" Said Touma.

Hitori fly closer to Touma. He put his slender finger under Touma chin while his eyes look into the 'kitsune' eyes.

"Mind your word fox." Said Hitori.

"Let's go Sakura. Don't ever beg at someone who judge you by your past." Hitori take Sakura wrist but she then push his hand.

"Touma. I knew back then i make a big mistake but i want you to be my guardian." Said Sakura sincerely.

The fox children seem scared while looking at Sakura after they heard what Touma said about her just now. Touma smirk.

"Why did lowly demon wanted me to be her guardian?" Said Touma.

A slap from Hitori landing on Touma's cheek.

"Ouch!!!!!!" Touma scream.

"My hand slipped. Sorry." Said Hitori while show hi five to the fox yokai.

Touma feel his cheek in pain but he choose not to show protest towards the land god.

"Let's go Sakura." Said Hitori again.

"No." Sakura still being stubborn.

"Touma, i can't ask for another yokai to be my guardian since i....." Sakura seem to hold her word.

"Since you kill and attack the other yokai's village right? But what's the difference with the 'kitsune' village??? Even though you didn't kill us but you almost attack us." Said Touma with a loud voice.

The fox children step back and try to went further from Sakura. They afraid of her.

"Because i didn't kill you i ask for your help and i think it should be okay. If i ask another yokai i knew they can't accept me since i already kill one of them." Said Sakura but she don't dare to look at Touma's face.

Hitori feel sympathy over Sakura. A moment of silent between them for awhile because Touma seem like he still can't tolerate with Sakura's request.

"Im sorry." Said Touma.

"I can't being a guardian to a demon." Said Touma and he walk away.

Sakura just standing there. She don't know how to persuade the fox yokai.

Hitori without further ado grab the long hair of Touma.

"You stupid land god..!!!!" Touma was in pain because his body was drag along due to his hair been grab by Hitori.

"If you don't want to accept her just apologise now. What kind of dog that sound so rude like you." Said Hitori.

"Im not a DOG!!!!" Said Touma angrily.

"Every creature have tail like this is a dog." Said Hitori while holding into Touma fluffy fox tail and smile.

"Don't touch my tail!!!!!" Said Touma as he immediately grab his tail from Hitori.

Sakura knee down in front of the fox which shocked both Hitori and Touma that time.

"Please Touma. I really can't ask help from another yokai. Just you can consider my request." Said Sakura.

"But why?" Said Touma looking down towards Sakura who was kneeling before him.

"After what had happen why did you choose to be a kamisama? Why did you try so hard???" Ask Touma.

Both Touma and Hitori waiting for an answer from Sakura.

Hitori always though she wanted to become kamisama because she want to renew as a divine spirit and wash away all the sin from her past. But after saw how hard Sakura try right now make Hitori think she might have another reason she never told anyone.

P/S : Just wonder why did Sakura wanted to be kamisama so bad 🤔 Next chapter please~ haha