CHAPTER 8 : THE RED UMBRELLA

Sakura was leaving the shrine after she failed to be a kamisama. Hitori try to prevent her but nothing can change Sakura's mind. She already giving up and she plan to wandering alone in the yokai world forever.

Everyone just look at Sakura who was prepare to leave. No one was able to make her stay. But Touma was planning to stick with her since she was his companion after they make the promise the day Sakura kiss him and making him as her guardian.

At the yokai world, Sakura just keep quite and she actually don't know where to go. She have no family there but she also can't stay any longer in the human world without any purpose.

"Let's stay with me." Said Touma.

Sakura sighed.

"Let's make this clear." She said.

"I am no longer a kamisama candidate. So let's break our promise and live on our own." She said again.

"I care for you." Said the fox yokai.

He look sincere.

"I can take care of myself." Said Sakura.

And after that, she just left Touma disappear like a dust.

Touma knew he will no longer can be by Sakura side so he have no intention to follow her anymore.

*****

While in the human world, Haru was looking for a chance to went to the yokai world and meet Sakura. But, he have not finish his 100 shrine visit to let the kamisama grant his wish and make his mother live a longer life.

Until then his identity cannot be reveal. But he like her. He can't hold it any longer. So he keep on thinking about the way to meet Sakura again without revealing his identity.

*****

That rainy night, Sakura was walking alone. She feels like her life have no direction. She just keep on walking until her body no longer to handle the exhaustion.

Her sight become blurred due to the heavy rain when suddenly a black figure with an umbrella standing there to catch her from falling.

The man was Haru. He was bringing a red umbrella that time.

"Why are you here?" Sakura was suprised after she notice who was the man.

"I was here thanks to Hitori. I ask help from him to find you here." Haru was lying to Sakura at the moment.

"Human being was impossible to get here and why are you doing this?" Sakura wasn't believe him.

"I know but it was possible because Hitori help me." Said Haru still lying to her.

"And why you do all this? You are risking your own life. You can anytime be killed by bad spirit here." Said Sakura.

"I do this because i fall in love with you." Said Haru.

Sakura step back a little and shook her head.

"I love you Sakura." Haru confess his feeling to her.

"You can't love me. Im not human." Said Sakura.

"I know but i want to protect and be with you." Haru still try to convince Sakura.

Suddenly a big shadow appear and everything seem dark. Sakura try to fight again the darkness but she can't.

She was calling out Haru's name but the man was nowhere to be seen. Her hand try to reach Haru but he wasn't there.

Few moments later, Sakura was suffocated and out of breath. The dark shadow was trying to kill her. When she passed out, Haru was helping her out from the yokai world.

All that Sakura can see before she close her eyes was a red umbrella that Haru been using to fight the black shadow. The umbrella was familiar but Sakura already fainted and her memory can't recall where did she saw the umbrella.