Chapter 21: Ever watch The Hulk? this was worse...

Chapter 21

~Grady’s POV~

“So you’re actually…gay?” I asked him, the surprise evident in my voice.

He hesitated before answering but eventually he nodded and I just had to sit down for this one. Yeah I hadn’t known him for long but gay? It was a total shock to me.

I thought I’d be able to pick out a homosexual in any crowd, they always had a certain way of walking or talking or something of the sort but Jake had shown no signs of that.

 But then I guess you really couldn’t judge a book by its cover I mean look at me and Thomas; no one would even pin us as gay.

I looked at Jake warily. I suddenly felt uncomfortable in his presence. It was hard enough for me to sit around the same table with Carson and Laken and I wasn’t sure I was ready to befriend a world of gays. It sounded bad I know but I was just really getting comfortable with the thought of being a homosexual myself; I just couldn’t deal with even more gay shit in my life right now.

How did Thomas even find out?

“Look Grady I know this is shocking to you but I just wanted to get it out of the way from now, I thought maybe it was best.” Jake continued but I could only stare at him in silence still trying to come to terms with this interesting yet shocking development.

It’s like ever since Carson and Laken came out, homosexuals were just popping up all around me. It was disconcerting to say the least.

Finally I sighed and ran my hand through my already mussed hair. It was too early for me to deal with this shit. So I got up off the stool prepared to make my way around the counter to make a cup of tea but as soon as I passed him he grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him, then before I could even get my bearings straight his lips were on mine.

I couldn’t explain the level of shock and repulsion that travelled through me at the feel of a guy other than Thomas kissing me. I raised my hands and pushed roughly against his chest.

 “Dude what the fuck!” I shouted then wiped the moisture from my lips with the back of my hand.

Jake didn’t say anything; instead he was looking at something behind me, his eyes wide with fright. I turned immediately and my heart sped up in my chest. There stood Thomas, shirtless and seething with anger…no, not anger, something else, something…dangerous.

“Thomas, I know this sounds unoriginal…but this isn’t what it looks like.” I said nervously, my hands held up in front of me as if to ward off danger.

It was as I was standing there looking nervously at my boyfriend who had yet to utter a word that I realized something was off about him. He wasn’t even looking at me but at Jake. The muscles in his arms and chest bulged and the veins were standing up in his neck.

I took an involuntary step back when his mouth pulled up in a snarl and his hands curled into fists until the press of his nails against the rough flesh of his palm drew blood which I watched seep through his fingers and hit the floor below.

All this I noticed in under five seconds, then just like that I spun on my heel and grabbed the collar of Jake’s shirt.

“RUN!’ I shouted dragging him with me out of the room.

Not two steps away I heard Thomas’s bloodthirsty growl and Jake cried out in terror as he ran beside me.

“What the fuck is happening?” he screamed but rather than answer I pulled harder on his shirt collar forcing him to turn the corner into the hallway.