Chapter 9

Edith was embarrassed to see her gums exposed, but it was hard to shake them off.

She felt the man’s thumb rubbing her lips and moving slightly further in, but she couldn’t move.

“I… feel itchy, Adri.”

A babbled tone leaked out as his fingers pierced her lips.

Her lips twitched.

His finger just pressed gently, but she shuddered. The feeling of her skin touching him was exhilarating, hard to describe.

To be honest… it felt good. She thought she was crazy.

All of a sudden, the will to get rid of him was gone. What was the reason they shouldn’t be close? Other thoughts stopped when she felt the touch of her lips.

Adrian’s breathing could be heard unfiltered due to the distance.

“Haa….”

His sorrowful sigh tickled her cheek.

“I should have been more active. You know you shrugged for no reason, so I thought you hated me.”

She was reluctant because of the original story rather than disliked him, but she couldn’t explain it truthfully.

It was difficult to say that you were not living in reality but merely beings in a novel. She couldn’t speak at all as she looked into those pure and tender gazes.

That thought was the same when dealing with Clyde. Whether it was Clyde or Adrian, she was just a character in their story.

When Clyde rose from the flow of her unconscious, Edith’s mind flashed.

Just then, Adrian tilted her head. His lips, which seemed chewy when touched, opened up softly.

The moisture it held was sensational.

The dazzling beautiful face approached her with the colored lips she wanted to taste.

“I-I haven’t seen you in a long time–”

Her voice, which barely managed to come out at the right timing, trembled terribly.

She had to put a word on it. Edith gathered all her courage and pushed his sweet hand away.

“Is it too hasty to be… friends, Adri?”

It was the best she could do. She didn’t know how to decline without making Adrian feel uncomfortable. So the excuse that came up after squeezing her head was that they weren’t close.

Surely today was the first time they had a proper conversation.

She didn’t even know that Adrian was paying attention to her at the academy. She also didn’t even notice because he had been so careful about his failed approach.

Normally, they would have sat in the farthest chair and had a formal conversation. She tried to change the mood in line with such a situation without hurting Adrian’s heart.

Just at a distance before their lips touched, he whispered.

“Friends… I don’t like it.”

“What?”

“What kind of friends if we both grown up adult?”

Adrian managed to let her go with a look that was dripping with regret. However the hand which was caressing her didn’t go far and gently wrapped the back of her chair.