Chapter 15

A pair of glasses passed by the ear and a round frame was placed on her nose. The cold metal contrasted with the man’s warm body temperature.

“It’s done.”

The moment she slowly raised her eyelids, she was under the illusion that her world was covered with Clyde.

She felt dizzy. Why?

Her upper body swayed and fell back.

“Oh!”

His arms stretched out quickly and grabbed her staggering body.

In an instant, Edith tried to calm the dizziness, not knowing whether she was anemic or not while being held in the man’s broad arms.

“As expected…”

His voice murmured softly.

“Pardon? What’s expected?”

“It’s nothing. Are you sick?”

Her head was spinning briefly, and she got better soon. She looked up at Clyde, blinking her blurry eyes to get the focus. He looked like he was thinking about something.

First, she had to get away from the hugging position. She lowered his strong forearm around her waist and awkwardly widened the distance between the two.

When she looked around, a servant looked surprised with his mouth open. He was not at the shooting range a few days ago. He quickly turned his head around and pretended not to notice just before making eye contact with Edith. The servants, who knew the strange moment in the shooting range, were better at managing their expressions.

Edith was so embarrassed that she made a lot of ‘uh, um’ exclamations.

“These glasses… I thought it wasn’t prescribed, but I guess it is. I couldn’t see well when I wore it.”

“Is that so? Let me check again.”

Clyde accepted her excuse for her staggering condition.

“But, can I ask what you mean by ‘as expected’?”

“I mean that the glasses look good on you as expected.”

It was probably an excuse, but Edith just nodded because there were a lot of eyes watching.

In the office room, only the two of them were burning and the rest were in a cold atmosphere.

She was distracted by Clyde, so she couldn’t hear a whisper in the distance.

A tactless servant whispered to the person next to him, ‘His highness Alpha pheromone blah blah blah….’ Then Clyde glared fiercely at him. The conversation fell into place right away.

Clyde seemed to worry about her condition. He dragged her to a comfortable seat and sat her down with his own hands. It was a sofa used only when the distinguished guests came.

“Take a rest here.”

The gorgeous gold decorations and comfortable cushions were burdensome. Above all, she was the only person sitting among the attendants.

“I’m sorry, but can I go up to the special room and do my own business? Being here is a bit….”

“I’ll be done soon if I take care of a few things. And you can relax. I forced you to wear glasses.”

Edith knew that she wouldn’t instantly get anemia if she wore glasses with thick lenses, but she was out of breath and didn’t add her words.

She was also worried that there were signs of abnormalities in her health. She was dizzy at the shooting range last time, and this was the second time.