Chapter 11

Her body instinctively curled up and she was helpless in his large arms.

Her back was scratched and touched his bumpy abs. She barely managed to create a space, but his loose shirt cloth tickled her back.

Was it possible for correcting shooting posture to feel so racy? What the hell were they doing at the shooting range?

Dozens of people were gathered around to attend Clyde. However, she was unable to turn back. She didn’t see everyone felt excited or bewildered by Clyde’s burst of Alpha pheromones.

She listened to the soothing and friendly whispers that were busy engraving small encouragement into her mind,

“Yes, try it yourself.”

A soft and deep voice could be heard.

“Aim and shoot.”

Whatever.

She tried to focus as much as she could, aimed at the target and pulled the trigger.

Taang–

She was startled and her body shivered. The explosion right in front of her was terrifying.

Edith was also pushed back because the gun barrel was slammed.

“Ah!”

Clyde held her up.

The weight of her gun was not too heavy but the rebound was quite significant. It was like she had been told before.

“Are you okay?”

With his big and string forearms, he held her waist tightly and supported her not to stumble. This time it wasn’t just a slight touch. She was completely hugged from behind.

Even after she shot, Edith held the gun handle tightly until her knuckles turned white.

The gunshot deafened her ears and she was still nervous.

“Yes, I’m fine. Did I… shoot well?”

She wouldn’t have been so confused if she had focused on shooting alone. Of course, then she might have bounced back or injured her arm right after she fired.

“You shot very well.”

He said that without even checking where the bullets had been lodged. He was busy calming her by putting the gun away and hugging her.

“Can you stand right up?”

Of course, the answer was obvious. Clyde’s arm that wrapped around her waist was rather uncomfortable.

“Of course.”

This was a great opportunity to end the clingy and dense contact. She took a step back, carefully pushing Clyde away.

But strangely, her body didn’t listen.

Her knees staggered. She collapsed before she could even realize it herself.

Clyde rushed in quickly to the same distance as she backed away. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled them closer.

Edith’s bewildered forehead struck the man’s collarbone.

“You’re not okay.”

She clenched her grip unconsciously. She tried to hold Clyde’s broad shoulders and slipped because she couldn’t get it all in her grasp. Her small hand barely held the hem of his sleeve like a lifeline, contrasted with his bulging and curved forearm.