Chapter 22

The servant, who was not good at running a letter, scratched the back of his head. Because a butler couldn’t be hired, the servant took over the role.

“I-I’m not sure. He said he came from a family with a long name, and I was told to deliver this to the master.”

“Have you got any other messages?”

Communication with a servant who didn’t know how to write and wasn’t educated was inevitably difficult.

“Yes? Yes. He said he’d wait for something.”

“What is that?”

The servant scratched his head again. She thought she should hire a butler first when she got her first salary from the palace.

Edith told the servant to leave and checked the outside of the envelope.

「Peyton Grayves of Black Vine Soil.」

What? Peyton?

Edith doubted her eyes.

Peyton was the sub-top and villain in the original story. He was a character who was at odds with Clyde; he was brilliant and had great action power.

However, like in most novels, the flaw was that he was born with the sub’s sorrow. Good things used to be driven to Clyde, the main top, and slightly lacking things used to go to the sub.

According to the introduction, it was said that all kinds of tricks and plots would be used later, but that part didn’t appear until Edith read it.

Why did this man send her a letter? It was also packed in a luxuriously burdensome envelope.

「Dear Sir Ketzmorris, I am sending you this letter with reverence.」

Wasn’t the greeting too polite? This phrase would likely come out in situations where extreme respect is needed. There’s no way a simple party invitation would be written like this.

There was a lot of polite writing in the lower line. Astonishment spread across Edith’s expression as he skimmed the non-point diagonally and came to the main point.

「The Ketzmorris and Grayves families have maintained a long-standing friendship. I hope to develop this relationship and make it into a 100-year relationship.」

If it’s a 100-year relationship.

「I don’t know what Sir Ketzmorris thinks of me, but I’ve had you in mind for a long time. If you give me a chance, I would like to meet you.」

“Eh?”

She raised her voice even though she was talking to herself.

It was a marriage proposal. From colorful envelopes to the beginning of the letter, the rhetoric continued to contain the story of a marriage.

She couldn’t believe the sub-top Peyton suddenly offered marriage to Edith.

Why on earth?

Peyton proposed a strategic marriage to Adrian in the original story, not Edith. The intention was to combine Adrian’s family, which has promising businesses in the commercial and industries, with Peyton’s family, which is pioneering a distant continent across the sea.

It was a very reasonable choice for a businessman. The way they convey his intention to marry was also easy.

In the article’s introduction, Peyton was set as a villain, but there was nothing to hate until the beginning of the story she read. Maybe the first half was fine to blow up his massive defeat later.