Chapter 21

A ragged breath was briefly rippled into Clyde’s breathing.

It was evident that she was persevering with her instincts.

The Alpha’s slow bursting beast roar was ferocious. The fact that the voice contained human language was surprising.

“Edith, when were you diagnosed as a Beta?”

He suddenly asked a question.

Clyde’s eyebrows which were slightly raised, stood up sharply. She didn’t understand why he was asking such a question, but she confessed as if overwhelmed by the atmosphere.

“It was also decided at an age where temperament was often determined.”

“I was ten years old when my first Alpha’s rut came. When exactly was Edith?”

She traced the original Edith’s memories. By the time of her possession, Edith didn’t develop any temperament until she was sixteen.

People who will become Alpha or Omega often go through their first heat in their early teens and their temperament is determined. Clyde’s rut showed up quite early; and even if it’s late, it’s never over 20 years old.

Those who didn’t have a rut were diagnosed by a doctor around the coming-of-age ceremony. Unless something unexpected happens, they will be determined as a Beta.

Clyde stared intently at her and waited for her mouth to open, it was too burdensome.

She mumbled her answer.

“Maybe… twenty years old?”

“What’s with that vague thing? When did the doctor confirm it?”

Her bewildered eyes rolled. She felt caught off guard.

Noticing her hesitation, Clyde urged again without giving her a break.

“Edith is twenty years old now. Tell me what month and day the doctor diagnosed it, no, tell me where the clinic is.”

The atmosphere’s temperature dropped rapidly, and now he felt more like a judge prying into sin than a beast coming at her.

Was this topic worthy of such inquiry? She was uncomfortable with the questions. Though it was not something to hide, she didn’t want to be so angry because of the backlash.

“Why do you keep asking? This is my personal matter. Whether I’m a Beta or not, it doesn’t matter as a servant.”

“Does it really don’t matter?”

When he asked back, the situation was now coming back to her. Edith was speechless and had to curl her lips.

The heavy hand on her back was boiling like a fever patient. If it were an Omega, it would be able to help him with his rut, so the temperament was deeply related to him.

She couldn’t help it. She had no choice but to tell him the truth.

“I haven’t seen a doctor this year. Because I wasn’t sick at all. My temperament is… it’s obvious. If I don’t have any pheromones, I’m a Beta.”

There was no room for a second thought.

Edith in the original was Beta and is still a Beta now. Therefore, she wrote Beta without hesitation in the application for imperial administration.

In this world, Betas were not treated as inferior. The three temperaments have different characteristics and are not superior or inferior. Among them, Beta is a class with all-round capabilities and has a high potential to grow through effort.