Chapter 16

Clyde couldn’t resist and got up from his seat when she covered it with her body to hide the writing.

“What is it?”

“My acquaintance wants to see me for a moment. He’s nearby.”

“An acquaintance? Who is it?”

He asked with curiosity.

Edith was a little bothered. What kind of relationship do they have for him to dig up her private life? He said he wasn’t interested in her as the opposite sex.

The last time Edith asked if he liked her, he readily affirmed but said he wouldn’t ask her to be the Crown Princess. Then Edith felt something vague. What he felt was somewhere between personal feelings and feelings as a close attendant.

However, she had no plans to be tied to Clyde for a long time anyway, so it was better not to cross the line like now.

She didn’t show Adrian’s note in her hand and agonized over how to explain it to Clyde.

She hid her intentions to entice him to meet Adrian.

“A friend from the academy. May I come back after a while, Your Highness?”

She looked at Clyde’s reaction after a blunt remark.

“What’s his name?”

A calm question returned.

It was quite hopeful to ask only the visitor’s name.

They were both the original couple. After two years, they would develop a deep relationship anyway.

Even if Edith pulls back time to arrange a meeting, there is a high possibility that he would be attracted like in the novel as he was the main character. They could feel each other’s affinity through a chance meeting.

It was fortunate that Clyde was right next to her when the note was handed over. It wasn’t a bad situation in many ways.

There was a sign that the two would work out well.

Clyde urged Edith as she delayed answering and racked her brain.

“Why aren’t you answering? Surely he’s not a friend whose name can’t be revealed, right?”

Seeing that his fingers were impatient to snatch the memo, the anticipation for what he would do after a while grew.

Edith sulkily pouted her lower lip, folding a blank note and putting it into her arms.

“It’s Adrian Raymond from the Sky Ice Cliffs. His friend called him Adri.”

Clyde’s dark eyebrows rose sharply.

“Adri?”

“Then I’ll be out for a while.”

Edith looked at him and stood up quietly.

His expression wasn’t very bright. He didn’t seem to want to let Edith go. Hoping he wasn’t looking for a reason but merely interested in his attendant, she was aiming for the right time to talk.

Clyde’s eyes followed her persistently. The way he watched with his arms crossed was also unusual.

This seemed like a great opportunity to throw the bait.

She waved a coveted worm, which was the size of Clyde’s bite.

“Would Your Highness come with me? To get some fresh air outside and to greet Adrian.”