2

I woke up at two in the morning to get ready for the day. After my shower, I put on a lilac babydoll dress and put my hair back with a clip before placing the bedding in the last empty box and leaving for the coffee house. I baked the pastries and prepared everything for the day. Marie and Theodore were coming in today to help me, but also so I could go for an appointment today after making sure everything got moved to my new place. I prepared extra today of what sold out yesterday but left everything else the same. The day went by much like yesterday, even starting the same way with the rude woman from yesterday beating on my door before I opened, and I refused to serve her once more. The breakfast rush had died down before I left to check my new apartment that was just a few blocks away.

After making sure everything was there, I left deciding to put things away later on my way out. I caught the elevator to the lobby before heading out. A short walk in Central Park before going back to the crowded streets as I went to my appointment. Once I was done, I walked towards my bakery once more. I had a smile on my face when I entered my coffee shop. I truly loved being in New York City. "Oh, Darion! You're back so soon. Would you be a dear and help me package up this order? I told the striking young man I would deliver it. He was in such a rush. He works just across the street so it won't take long." Marie rambled. "Nonna, I'll take it, but please refrain from doing this again," I said, packaging up the two raspberry tarts, two pieces of chocolate cake, and the roast beef and pepperjack sandwich. I checked the order before grabbing the hundred out of the register from the man yesterday. "Okay, that is the last coffee, sweetie. He said to ask for Ares at the receptionist." Marie informed me before I grabbed the bag and drink carrier heading to the office building across the street.

At the front reception desk, I was directed to the elevator to the top floor. I stepped off the elevator to be greeted by the rude woman from the past two mornings. "Good afternoon, I am here for Ares. Would you tell me where to find him?" I asked as she glared at me. She suddenly perked up after glaring at me for three solid minutes straight.  "Are you going to answer my question now? Where can I find Ares?" I questioned, annoyed at this woman. She ignored me once more as she stood up, pulling her tight top lower as she said, "Ares your lunch just came. I was about to bring it to you!" I just rolled my eyes at her behavior. Turning, I found myself looking at the man from last night. The woman snatched the bag and drink carrier from my hands and pushed me out of her way. I fell to the ground once more, but this time, she had the decency to fake some sympathy. "Let me help you," she offered as she leaned over to help me pouring the three coffees on me before more false sympathy was shown.

The woman was pushed away from me by Ares before he helped me up. He apologized on her behalf, "I apologize for her behavior. If you want I have a spare shirt you can wear. You can change in the privacy of my office and use the restroom their to clean up." "Yes, please," I conceded before he led me down to a little hallway past another person's desk and into a large spacious office. "The restroom is the door there, and the closet inside has spare clothes. Please, choose whatever you want," he said before stepping out of the room. I locked the bathroom door as soon as I was inside before removing the soiled dress. I used wet paper towels to free any coffee remnants from my body. Luckily, my underwear was fine, but not my bra. I threw my dress and bra into the trash can before opening his closet. I pulled out a white dress shirt but put the collar at my chest and tied the sleeve around my waist to make it look better. I pulled the hundred dollar bill he gave me yesterday and set it on his desk with a quick note saying no charge means no charge. Then I proceeded to slip out of his office and to the elevator without any more drama.

I hurried out of the building and went back to the safety of my coffee house. Luckily for me Marie and Theo had left for the day as Paris came in at 11:30am. Work was busy with a constant flow of customers all afternoon. It was past closing time, and Paris had left, leaving just me as I finished cleaning. Theo had already been by and took the extras from today to the shelter while I declined a ride home. I just walked out of the shop and locked it when a man tried to enter. I heard him curse before he muttered, "Ares is going to kill me." I walked away just wanting to go home and unpack for the night. Unpacking was really easy as the only stuff to unpack was my clothes, my dirty clothes to be precise, and I just threw them in the washer. I put burn cream on my stomach where the scolding hot coffee was poured on me before I lay in bed watching some cartoons until I fell asleep. My last thought of the night was how sometimes I am happy to have CIP or congenital insensitivity to pain, meaning I can't feel any pain.