13

"Knox, I'm sorry about being late," I said, unlocking the door. "I had a key made for you," I said, passing him the key at the checkout counter before we both got to work. Knox, who was a pastry chef and body builder, was in jail for a drunk driving incident that ended in a crash that cost his friend his life. He was serving five years in jail and had a $5,000 fine he would have to pay off. I let him make a majority of the regular items and made focused on three different specials for the day. I kept my pace slow, biding the time as Knox managed the rest without any problems.

I was filling the display case as Ares walked in. "You should really lock your door, flower. You never know who could come in," Ares chided. "I can handle myself, Ares." I stated completely serious. I was a rather skilled fighter. My brothers all made sure of that, even though my parents were furious when they found out from the bruises. "If you say so, flower. What do you have for us today?" Ares asked. I made them each a coffee and packaged three different breakfasts for them before packing up some of each special I made today for them. "Make sure you read the labels," I warned. "Why's that flower?" He questioned. "You have a sweet tooth and won't like getting your brothers treats, Ares. I made each special, special for each of you today. I'm going out with Ryan later. So, I can't bring them at lunchtime. Did you tell him about his vacation time?" I answered. "No, flower, we will do it tonight. Are you planning on coming to the club tonight?" He inquired. "I don't know if I feel like dancing," I stated. "I'll let you into the members only part, and you can just sit with us," he offered. "I'll see if I feel up to it," I stated. "That's understandable, flower. If you come, just tell a bouncer to get one of us," Ares said before leaving.

I left work and went up to Ryan's apartment. Betsy answered, gushing about the cruise and how nice the owner of the building was until Ryan came out ready to go. We both said goodbye to Betsy before we headed out. "Which one north, east, south, or west?" I questioned. "South, why?" He questioned as we walked out he saw Theo waiting with a car. I climbed in the car, and Ryan followed after me. "We are going shopping. Pops my apartment first, please," I directed. Ryan came in with me to my apartment and took a look around while I got ready. I put on a black tank top and black dress pants paired with a white ribbed cardigan style blazer with black trim and lapels. I paired that with a pair of black heels with a red bottom and a single strand of pearls around my neck. I grabbed a white one of the forgotten purses, putting everything I would need in it before going back out to the living room. Ryan let out a whistle when he saw me saying, "Well, don't you look like a sexy boss lady now. That's what you wear to go shopping for clothes?" "Not clothes, no, I'm taking you realty shopping with me. If you are uncomfortable going, you don't have to," I answered. "I'll go. I just feel under dressed now," Ryan capitulated.

We went back to the car, and I gave Theo the next address. "I thought we were house shopping?" Ryan questioned, confused. I pulled Ryan out of the car into the suit shop. "Pick whatever you want to wear today. I want you to come with me, but I don't want you to be uncomfortable because you feel under dressed," I offered. "Buttercup, I don't know where to start. I've never worn a suit before," Ryan admitted. I had a female store associate help dress Ryan all the way down to his shoes. He ended up in a pair of navy pants, a suit jacket, and socks, with a white button-up, black belt, and dress shoes.

Once we were in the car again, I asked Theo to head to any realtor in Brownsville before I started talking with Ryan. "I'm planning on going on a vacation for a couple of weeks. If you are free, you are more than welcome to come. I plan on crossing off more stuff on my bucket list. It would be more fun with a friend." I offered. "Where you headed?" He questioned. "Georgia," was my nonchalant reply. "Even if I could get off work, I can't. I have to be home to take care of grandma's cat," Ryan said. "I'm sure Marie wouldn't mind caring for the cat if you manage to get off work," I said with a coy smile. "What are you up to? I know you're behind grandma's dream vacation magically coming true," Ryan stated. "Nothing bad, I really do plan on going to Atlanta, Georgia for a few days. I just happen to have bought a few tickets," I revealed. We shifted to other subjects after that until we arrived.