Chapter 1 - a red scarf

Title: Onikko

Author: themirrorminder.372259

Main Pairing: Itoshi Reina x Isagi Yoichi, Original Female Character (OFC) x Isagi Yoichi (Blue Lock).

Background Pairings: Potential side pairings for other Blue Lock characters TBD, but if you really want to see a specific one let me know and I can see if it can be squished in on the side.

Disclaimer: I own none of the original characters nor plot of Blue Lock.

Warnings: Some degree of cursing, as expected with Blue Lock's foul-mouthed boys.

Cover art credits: Blue Lock Shibuya Tsutaya campaign, sadimouto, and Picrew. See below (Wattpad) or chapter 7 (FFN, AO3) for links/details.

A/N 1: I've changed the TIMELINE so that the Saitama prefecture qualifying games happened at the end of August, Blue Lock started in early September, and the U20 game happened in mid-late November. This story assumes you have read up to manga chapter 151 (after the bowling and little boy at the station scenes). I plan to extend this story into the Neo-Egoist League (as well as beyond, if I can keep myself posting!) There will be a preview at the end for what to expect in future chapters.

A/N 2: I'm experimenting with a different style of writing – the story starts more fluffy/slice of life and then becomes more angsty/drama/romance/family drama. Please let me know your thoughts! If you enjoy it, wish to see more, have some constructive criticism, or if you notice an error, please let me know in a review or PM! Even if you absolutely HATE this story/chapter and give up on it after chapter one, pretty please take the time to tell me why? : ) I'm writing fanfiction to improve my writing so that one day I might (hopefully) be able to write my own story. I love feedback from people who did AND didn't enjoy it, so I can improve my writing!

->=<-->=<-->=<-

Onikko

{鬼っ子}

chapter 1 - a red scarf

->=<-->=<-->=<-

It starts with a forgotten scarf.

'If it wasn't official Bastard München merchandise,' Isagi Yoichi sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. 'I would just let the coffee shop keep it.' But he remembers how hard he worked, back when he was thirteen, to save up enough money for that overpriced red and black swath of fabric. The striker sighs in annoyance. 'No alternative but to go all the way back to Shibuya and grab it, I guess. What a waste of my time.' The seventeen-year-old glances at his phone. 'At least I left bowling with the team early enough that, even with a detour, I can probably avoid being late to meet up with Tada.'

At the next stop, Isagi switches to the opposite train. He grabs a free hanging strap and stares out the large windows, watching as the sky and buildings blur together before stilling into clean shapes once more. The striker's midway through considering how to structure his practice schedule (while waiting for Blue Lock to restart), when the doors near him whoosh open.

"We have reached Shibuya Station." The train's polite voice chimes, "Please mind the gap."

'Hopefully that kid and his family from earlier are already gone.' Isagi looks both ways as he steps onto the station's platform. He lets out a relieved puff of air when he's unable to spot the little boy in the golazo shirt - the one who had so excitedly shaken his hand. 'How embarrassing would that have been?' The striker's cheeks flush. 'Looking like some clueless tourist in front of my first fan.'