Chapter 9 part 2 - the wall

Disclaimer: I own none of the original characters nor plot of Blue Lock.

Warnings: cursing, lethally embarrassing parents, classism, teens with insecurities.

TIMELINE: see prior chapters. He's still walking her home the morning after the Momoji festival

BIG HUGE GINORMOUS THANK YOU TO MY BETA

*ALCHAZAR*

AND MY REVIEWERS:

ElvenMatter, Isagi loves thighs, schizosagi, 102602, Wistful_Wandering, K4S4N3, Nilenium, barbatosfavoritenun, OliviaStone

You all are the reason this fic is still going, thank you so much for your support :'D Detailed responses in Chapter Notes below!

->=<-->=<-->=<-

Onikko

{鬼っ子}

chapter 9 part two – the wall

->=<-->=<-->=<-

She starts holding his hand normally again after they passed the turnstiles at Shibuya. Yoichi's unsure if he's disappointed or relieved that she's no longer pressing herself against him like before. "So why are you going to your family's place this weekend?" He asks once they exit Ebisu station. (Disappointed, he decides. He likes it went she's close to him.) "I thought you lived on campus?"

'Which is so fucking weird,' he muses,'since she said their house is only fifteen minutes away.' Yoichi wants to ask why she's boarding for school if her family lives so close. He has his suspicions... but he also figures that if she was comfortable talking about her reasons for living away from her family, she would. (It's not like talking is really an issue for her. For most things, anyways.)

Reina sighs. "Otousama is hosting a business party at our house tomorrow evening. He calls me back for those sorts of events, sometimes." Her voice lowers. "I thought I'd be free of them again since Sae-nissan came back, but... I guess not." She tightens her grip on his hand and steps closer, which he doesn't mind at all. "I hate when he hosts those house parties..." she hisses. "They're just... stupid and fake and boring and stressful." She pauses for a minute, before her mood seems to relax a bit. "I end up spending most of them in the library upstairs, anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky and can get away with it again."

'Your house has a library?'

"If they suck so much, just don't go," he suggests. 'You can watch me practice instead. I'd like that.'

She glances at her wrist, the one with the silver bracelet, and frowns. "Trust me Yocchan. If I could get out of it... I would."

The striker sighs in disappointment. It's his last weekend before Blue Lock restarts, so he's annoyed he doesn't get to spend more time with her tomorrow. After all, they only have seven days left together at best. 'Even less time depending on when Ego calls me back.' And once he's back in Blue Lock... Yoichi won't have time for her again until after the U-20 World Cup, which is still months away. But even after the U-20 World Cup, he'll be busy dealing with scouting (hopefully) and transitioning to a professional team (hopefully), so will he even have time for her then?