Chapter 4 Part 1: they hate their names

Main Pairing: Itoshi Reina x Isagi Yoichi, Original Female Character x Isagi Yoichi (Blue Lock).

Potential side pairings for other Blue Lock characters TBD (if you really want to see a specific one let me know). * * a reviewer requested Nagi x Reo. That will be a background pairing going forward. **

Disclaimer: I own none of the original characters nor plot of Blue Lock.

Warnings: cursing

**Spoilers ahead:**

- Only read this if you have read to at least CHAPTER 157

- This chapter uses a secondary character from the BL Spinoff Episode Nagi. Not technically a spoiler, I guess, since it's not plot. But if you count using the character, spoiler for Episode Nagi chapter 1 as well.

->=<-->=<-->=<-

BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO MY BETA

ALCHAZAR

->=<-->=<-->=<-

Onikko

{鬼っ子}

chapter 4

- they hate their names –

part one

->=<-->=<-->=<-

Mikage Reo meets Itoshi Reina when he's twelve.

Tonight there's a party for a new company Reo's father is scouting, and it's being held at some lawyer's house. 'I'm bored,' Reo bemoans, entirely unsurprised. That's his usual state at these stuffy networking parties his parents force him to attend. So, Reo decides to find himself some entertainment. It's certainly not happening on this floor, where the handful of children even remotely his age are either being leashed to their parents' sides or taking turns being introduced to the host's son.

After finishing a stick of tsukune he requested from the kitchen staff, Reo walks around to find a server to give the used stick to. On the way, he spots a stairwell leading upstairs. 'Bingo. Let's see if I can find something more fun to do.' He supposes this house isn't as tiny or cramped as some of the other house-held events he's been forced to attend, but it's still not that large. The first two doors the Mikage heir tries to open are locked ('boring'). The third door opens to a bathroom, so he tosses the stick in the waste bin and cleans off any residual stickiness from the tsukune at the sink. Useful, but still boring. After trying two more locked entrances, he finally opens a door that holds promise.

'A library.'

Sometimes when Reo discovers a library within the houses that host these events, he'll find a book that can hold his interest until it's time to leave. 'This library is a lot smaller than the one at our place though.' The heir frowns when he counts out only three or four shelving stacks. 'Better to not get my hopes up.' Reo browses through the titles lined up on the rows of the first shelving stack, finding nothing of interest. It's just all stuffy law texts and thick business books, of which there are plenty in the Mikage library.