9. Glass Rooms.

"I'm really sorry girl, I didn't know that would happen," Mor says as we head inside with a still snickering Killian, who is now holding Blue following. I didn't know whether to be grateful I got to see the expression on his face or angry that it was at my expense.

I'd been mum since the dean of the school attracted by the racket outside came to help me down... a stellar first impression. At least the rest of the school wasn't up yet.

"Yeah right, glad you had something to laugh about," I finally answer Mor.

I turn my attention to the school's dean, who doesn't look a day over twenty-five. Granted that they all looked like that, the number of times dudes have hit on mama when we're out was outrageous, I had gotten tired of explaining that she wasn't my sister or my hotter best friend.

Tall, and ripped in a subtle way with a gorgeous face to boot, the dean was the epitome of the fae. Majestic with a powerful aura around him the man was intimidating despite what I'm guessing were his efforts to appear less so, if his teasing smile was anything to go by.

"Mahina Dracon, I've been looking forward to meeting you, you've caused quite a fuss young lady."

Even his voice was puissant, who was this guy?

"Glad to be of service," I reply flatly, shaking off my errant thoughts.

"Ellie was right," he says with a smirk.

Before I could ask him what he meant, he cuts me off.

"So, let's cut right to the chase I have places to be. As it is the weekend, you have ample time to settle and prepare for classes that begin on Monday."

He hands over a weird-looking tablet, looking at me expectantly.

"What, is this supposed to be?"

"That is going to help you with your studies, you register for the course you are interested in, and then you get the class schedules. Morrigan will take you to get your uniform as well as your student and credit card, then we can talk more."

"I'm not putting on a skirt."

"Girl what do you have against skirts, don't worry sire, I'll get her settled in," Mor answers me whilst directing the latter statement at the dean with a reverence that cemented my suspicions about the stature of the man.

"Thank you, Morrigan, Killian, a word," the dean answers regal as ever.

Mor and I head out as Killian remains behind with Blue who is still in his arms. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I was so comfortable with that despite never letting anyone hold my baby before, but I refused to dwell on it. Mor leads us down the hall to a glass room gesturing for me to get in.

"In there? You nuts? What if something else happens in there, either we both get in or no one goes in," I announce leaning against the opposite wall.

"It won't work if we both go in Dru needs to scan you, naked I might add to get you correct measurements and all the things you require," Mor explains in efforts to get me to go in.

"Who is Dru? Wait naked!"

"Dru is the magic that runs in this place, like the entire school, kind of like Alexa, Siri, or..."

"I got it."

"Yeah, but on crack, don't piss her off, she is having a bad day."

And now I was curious, fuck my stupid brain. Taking a deep breath, I walk in.

"Mahina," a disjointed voice calls out.

"Last time I checked."

"Welcome to Thorne Academy, please get rid of those things you call clothes and step under the blue light for scanning."

Holding back a retort I do as told curious to see how this goes, I even spread my arms without being asked.

So far everything had been going great, not.

What more could happen?