11. The Black House.

"Well, let's go see this black place," I say turning to Mor excitedly.

"I've got to go, but Morrigan will take care of you," Killian says walking out.

"Where did he send you?" Mor asks his back.

"To find him, Sire thinks he might be back," Killian says stopping at the door.

"For real?" Mor exclaims.

"Yeah," he answers sounding resigned, then he turns to me, "Catch you later pipsqueak."

I stare after Killian, wondering who the hell they were talking about, and when he got a personality change.

"Did he get body snatched or something?"

"Who Killian? He's excited to be back, he hates going to the human realm," Mor answers with a chuckle.

I get the feeling there's more to it but before I can ask, she strides out of the building, hauling Blue with her and I have to jog to catch up since my four-foot-eleven ass couldn't keep up with her.

"Slow down, would you?" I huff, bending over with my hands on my knees. I felt like I had run a marathon.

"If I didn't feel your subdued magic, I would seriously doubt the fact that you are one of us, you need to get fit," Mor says staring down at me from her privileged height.

"I am fit, I just have to run too much to keep up with your mile-long legs," I answer a little offended.

"I am a dancer you know, a fantastic one," I add.

"I meant no offence Mahina and I've seen you dance. If you are up to it there's a dance program offered here too."

"Really?" I ask genuinely astounded.

"I really don't have to learn about fighting and war," I ask the question that's been nagging at the back of my mind.

"Oh, you have to, but we offer additional courses like any normal college would, we have the best art programs around too," she answers.

"Awesome!" I was beginning to look forward to the classes now.

We walk along a lot more slowly, thank fates, as Mor points out various buildings though I'm stuck on the Colosseum.

Despite its name, it really just looks like the other buildings only that it houses the art department and is by far the largest building around, excluding the administration building of course.

We get to the dorms with me still oohing and aahing at the impressive architecture and Mor scans a card to let us through.

"Do I get one of those?" I ask.

"You already do, your student card also acts as your key and several other things so don't lose it," Mor answers pointing at the backpack I got from Dru.

The Black House was everything I was expecting it to be and more, the exterior was from some black stone that looked like quartz hence the name I'd assume. The interior in total contrast with the outside. Full of whites and neutrals, it gave off a warm atmosphere while still pulling off the sophisticated look.

"This is the lobby; the hall is to your right and the lounge is to the left. There is the elevator, and next to it are the stairs if you are a fan."

So not a fan, but then again, I didn't like enclosed spaces either, there was no winning in this damn place.

"What's the difference between the hall and the lounge?" I ask after we check out the elevator and the stairs.

"Well, the hall is like an upscale bar and theatre combined. Anything applies there, from parties to ...well everything, the lounge, on the other hand, is a chill spot like when you want to be alone but still surrounded by other people. The internet is also off the charts in there."

"Well, this is a pretty progressive school, are the dorms all co-ed?"

"Yeah, but only the Black House gets both the hall and the lounge, the rest get a weird combination of the two in one space" Mor answers with a cringe.

I lived for privileged opportunities, though I doubt my social anxiety-ridden self would venture anywhere close to these two places, despite the tempting aesthetic, and of course the liquor.