14. Poles and Laps.

After that, Blue basically ignores us and goes back to his toys. Axel and I talk for a while, which is a first for me. I never open up to people that fast. I express this out loud and Axel claims it's all his fault, he was just that charming.

I also learn that the Ax swings both ways, something about not caring what set they come in as long as they're coming. Though he has set his eyes on a warrior with a stick up his ass who is somehow resistant to the 'Rathe charm' and despite everything I have tried, he refuses to tell me who it is, not that I'd know anyway.

"Oh, shit, I forgot I have practice today," he says, springing up from where he was lounging, jolting me in the process. We had both drifted to comfortable positions, and it surprised me to realise that we were almost cuddling.

"Practice? You don't look like an athlete, scratch that, you don't talk like an athlete."

"What? You expect every athlete to have more muscle than brain?"

"It's been known to happen," I answer with a shrug.

"I play basketball, though that wasn't what I meant, I'm late for dance practice."

"You are a dancer?" I ask my interest piqued; it must have been in my tone because Ax turns to me with a raised brow.

"Why, you like dancers or something?"

"I should, as I am one," I answer with a smirk, enjoying the flash of surprise in his gorgeous eyes before he buries it.

"Well then, come join me and meet the guys. Will you be taking dance classes?"

"Actually no, dance is like an escape for me and studying it will just make me resent it, and I can't join you, I'm wiped and I still have to go through the courses and pick a major."

"Please, you won't have to do anything, just watch, then after we eat, I'll come help you choose your courses," he turns those puppy eyes on me and I must admit what a lethal weapon they were.

"What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?"

"Medicine, in your terms."

"Wow, you keep surprising me."

"I know, and it's the most entertaining thing ever. Anyone ever told you that your face is very expressive?" He asks with a smug look.

"Not everyone, most people think I'm cold, I have the resting bitch face apparently."

"Oh, I'm special then, I get the Dracon premium treatment; your package includes facial expressions and sarcasm when you least expect it," the boy drones on with a wide smile.

I thought that all the males here were hot broody bastards and I'm glad he's proved me wrong, Killian must just be pissed at life in general.

"Well, that's no excuse. This is unofficial, just a group of people who let off steam by dancing and occasionally performing."

"Blue baby, want to come?" I ask, praying he refuses.

But my boy has other ideas and is already taking up Ax on his offer to carry him.

"If you do that, he'll never stop asking for free rides, this baby is lazier than I am."

                                                                                        ******

"Where are we headed?" I ask as Ax turns in the direction that leads away from the colosseum, "I thought the colosseum has the studio."

"It does, but it's the official dance hang out, lots of people there, not much fun, we have our own chill spot."

We head around the back of the dorms and I'm surprised to see the castle-like building; it was extremely well hidden.

"Wow!"

"I know right? It was the former residence of a highly important person in the academy possibly Faery too. But he moved or died and it's been lying empty and desolate until I asked dad if we could use it. Imagine my surprise when I find an awesome studio with all the sound systems intact, I think the dude was an artist or seriously into music and dance."

We walk inside and I guess I expected it to look medieval, but it has a surprisingly modern look, my surprise must be clear because Ax just snorts.

"We have an architect and an interior designer in the group, after getting permission to use it we had a major renovation, a very tiring one since Dru couldn't help."

"Well, your guys did a great job, this place looks exceptional, I'm surprised few people know it."

"Oh, they know it's here, they are just not allowed to come here, it's our spot, you should be honoured we let you in," he says amused.

I snort, following him inside a room toward the end of the hall.

"He's right you know; most people would kill to be in your place."

I try to contain my jump since I did not know there was someone else in here, make that someone...s.

"Rathe...Did you forget to mention something?" I ask, turning to him with a stern look, even Blue seemed uneasy, the first time that has happened since we arrived in this place.

"If I had, you wouldn't have come." Axel reasons mock stepping away from me and my wrath.

"Relax new girl, we don't bite, well I could, but only if you ask nicely."

I turn to the speaker a sneer automatically appearing on my face, making a show of looking him up and down, "No thanks, who knows what I'd catch? Besides, you are not my type."

The smirk on his face dissolves as he stares at me stunned, his expression mirrored by everyone else.

What? Did he expect me to take him up on his offer? Ridiculous!

"Am I missing something here?" I ask when the stunned stares get a little too much.

"Never mind," Axel says looking like his fighting a laugh. "Guys, this is Mahina, Mahina the guys," He finishes pushing me a little to the front.

I survey the group and I'm surprised to spot several females not that it makes me feel better, girls are vicious.

Their expressions range from surprise to interest. Of course, there're few miffed and disgusted ones.

"Do you dance?" one guy with dark skin and platinum dreadlocks asks while he stretches on the floor.

I'm caught up staring at his hair which looked so similar to mine bar the texture, so it takes me a while to answer him. Before I could finally answer him though, a husky voice jumps in, "Please Roan, look at her. If she can dance, it must be on poles and laps."