Part 25

*Benny's pov*

In the corner of my eye, I notice someone enter the shop. I glance over and see y/n. I quickly look back to Hayley 

"Shit" I mutter quietly.

"what's wrong?" Hayley asks.

I subtly gesture over to y/n. Hayley sees and widens her eyes. 

"That's kinda awkward" she says.

"yeah" I agree.

Hayley looks back over at her. "Holy Shit" she says shocked.

"what!?" I quickly look over at y/n. She is now walking across the diner, but she's not alone. Philips is taking her hand and leading her to a table which just happens to be near ours.

"She really cant get over him can she" I mutter.

"clearly not" Hayley agrees.

Hayley takes my hand reassuringly "Don't worry about it Benny, its her loss" she says comfortingly "you're so much better then Philips is"

"Well y/n doesn't think that." I point out.

"Y/n doesn't matter" Hayley says "Forget about her" 

"yeah, I guess" I say.

*y/n's pov*

"This plan better work" I say.

"trust me y/n. This will work I promise." Philips reassures me.

He stands up and puts his hand out. "cmon y/n i'll walk you home" 

I hesitate before taking his hand and following him towards the doors of the diner. As I'm walking past, I glance over at Benny, he's looking at me but quickly turns away when our eyes meet. I notice he's hand in hand with Hayley. If Hayley and him are closer than friends it's going to make the plan much more difficult.

"Skank" Hayley mutters as I walk past. 

I stop in front of her. "what did you just say?"

"You heard me" She smiles at me. I hate this girl with a passion.

Philips is stood next to me, his hand still intertwined with mine. Benny has a serious, almost mad, look on his face as he looks back and forth between Hayley and me. 

In front of her is a glass of cola. I let my impulsive thoughts take over and pick up the drink, throwing it all over her. She shrieks. Philips starts laughing. 

"What the hell y/n!" Benny says, standing up. 

"oh im sorry, did I hurt your girlfriends feelings" I frown at him.

"Shut up y/n" he snaps back at me.

"Chill, man. It's not that big of a deal" says Philips.

"Shut your mouth Philips" Benny argues back. 

Hayley is still sat down crying over her drenched hair and outfit.

"God y/n, why do you always ruin everything" Benny says.

His comment catches me off-guard. I stare at him surprised. I leave the diner not saying anything else. 

"what the fuck Benny" I hear Philips say before he follows me out.

"You okay, y/n?" asks Philips.

"Yeah I just wanna go home" I say.

"Alright, I'll walk you there" he decides. I faintly smile at him. 

*Bennys pov*

What y/n did was messed up but I feel kinda bad about what I said. 

"I cant believe she did that." complains Hayley. "I'm gonna have to walk all the way home looking like this!"

"cmon we can go to my house" I suggest "Its closer." 

"thank you benny" she says. I offer her my hand, she takes it and we make our way to my house.

It only takes a few minutes until we get to mine. When I open the door my mom is in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey mamá" I say. 

"hola querido" she says making her way into the hallway. 

"Oh, whose your friend" She says smiling at Hayley.

"This is Hayley. There was an incident at the diner, would it be alright if she quickly washed herself here?" I ask. 

"Yes of course" she says "The bathroom is up the stairs, first door to the right."

"Thank you, Mrs Rodriguez" Hayley says before disappearing up the stairs.

"What happened to y/n?" My mom asks.

"I don't want to talk about it mamá" I say "Just don't expect to be seeing her round here anymore."

"She is a sweet girl Benny." she reminds me "you shouldn't let girls like her get away so easily."

"Mamá I get that you like her and all but you gotta let it go"

"Benny,  I have known y/n since she was a baby, her family are our neighbours you know. Which is why you need to be kind and respectful towards her because I love her and her family."

"Mamá, she's not as amazing as you think." I point out. I mean she is amazing but at the moment she isn't. 

"I doubt that mijo" she disagrees.

"She's the one that did that to Hayley" I say.

She goes quiet for a second. "Well Im sure she had a good reason."

"Whatever, Im going to see if Hayley needs anything." I go to my room.

When I get there Hayley is stood in my room, wrapped in a towel. She's looking at all my baseball posters on the walls. 

"Hey, do you wanna borrow some clothes?" I offer.

"yeah, if that's alright"

I look through my draws for clothes that may fit her. I end giving her my baseball jersey and a pair of shorts. 

"Benny, I didnt mean to eavesdrop but what's the deal with your mom and y/n?" asks Hayley.

"Well my mom kinda sees y/n as a daughter or something. That's why she liked me and her together I guess." I explain "but it doesn't matter anymore."

"Oh, does she not like me?" she says.

"She just doesn't know you yet."  I say "Anyways I'll leave you to get changed."

"Wait Benny" she says. 

I turn around to look at her. Before I have time to say anything she kisses me. 

I pull away in shock but our faces stay close. I look into her eyes and smile, then I kiss her back.

*Y/n's pov*

I make it to my room and change out of my clothes into joggers and a hoodie. Im cleaning my room, placing things on my windowsill. Benny's bedroom window is opposite mine so whenever I look out my window I can always see him. It's become a habit of looking at his window. But this time when I look my heart drops. 

I see Hayley in nothing but a towel being kissed by Benny. I can feel tears form in my eyes. I aggressively shut the curtains and do nothing but stand there for a moment, processing what I just saw.

I get that we broke up but its only been a few days. Im not too sure if I should go through with the plan of me and Philips fake dating, it could just make everything worse. 

Ive lost my appetite so I skip dinner and go straight to bed.