Part 27

*y/n's pov*

"Y/N! get up!!" yeah-yeah yells, waking me up.

"Why?!" I groan.

He doesn't reply. A few seconds later he appears in my doorway.

"What is he doing outside our house?!" by the way he says it, I can tell he's talking about Phillips. Hold on, why is Phillips outside our house?

"Why are you even here? Go to the sandlot or something" I mutter, shoving him out my room. I get dressed as quick as possible and head out of my house. Phillips is at the end of my garden waiting for me on his bike. He's dressed in his tigers uniform.

"Hey, how come you're here?" I ask.

"We're going to play baseball with the boys cmon." he says. As im about to climb onto the back of Phillips bike I see Benny step outside his house, Hayley beside him. We meet eyes but our faces remain serious. A second or two later, his door opens again. His mom appears.

"Mijo dont forget you have to be home early today because we are having guests round." she yells to Benny.

"Yeah okay mamá." he says.

She sees me and waves. "Hello y/n!"

"Hello Catalina" I wave back at her. I love Bennys mom.

"I'll see you later querida." She says waving once more before heading back inside. I'm not sure why she said she'll see me later, I've probably just misunderstood.

Benny and Hayley are standing by my house with yeah-yeah. I can feel Benny's eyes watching me. I look at Phillips and I can tell he's noticed that benny is looking as well. 

Phillips eyes meet with mine. He smirks before gently pressing his lips against mine. I keep my lips connected to his until he slowly pulls away. 

"That wasn't part of the plan, Jordan." I say firmly.

"Then why didn't you pull away?" He smirks.

Butterflies fill my stomach, enabling myself from speaking. I finally remember that Benny most likely saw. I look over and see him standing there looking over with Hayley holding his hand.

"cmon y/n let's go" says Phillips. I get on the back of his bike and we bike away from my house.

"you know, Im kinda in the mood to play against the sandlot boys." says Phillips. 

"I swear they beat you every time" I point out.

"Yeah but if we have you then we have a chance of winning." 

I consider it for a moment "yeah alright, I think we should." 

"We'll just tell the boys and them we can go to the sandlot.

The other boys are all up for it so we make our way to the sandlot. It's only a few minutes away so we get there in no time. The sandlot boys notice us instantly and come storming over.      

"Y/n!? What the hell?" says Squints.

"What are you doing with him!?" Asks Ham.

"She decided to join the team that aren't full of losers." says Phillips. I'm tempted to tell him not to be rude but they did all ditch me so I have no reason to defend them. 

"Shut your mouth Phillips!" yells Benny.  

"Cmon Rodriguez, it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid."  Says Phillips.

"What'd you say, crapface?" argues Ham.

"He's saying that you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball" I say, this is way too funny to not say anything.