THIRTEEN | my spaghetti

Melody wasn't tired.

She was bored, hungry, and antsy, but never tired.

Whatever spell Gabriel used so she wouldn't go to sleep was definitely working. A full day had passed since she was locked in this cage. When maids came in to clean the room they wouldn't even glance at her when she cried and screamed for help. She soon learned after looking at her reflection in the hanging mirror that Gabriel had cast an invisibility spell.

'Wow, he really thinks of everything,' Melody sighed to herself. The only plus so far was that she was able to move her body. Gabriel was out working so she had no one to yell at. The only entertainment she found was in the four books he so graciously lended her.

Once she finished all of them, as boring as their basic plot lines were, she went back to flopping around. It was actually surprisingly peaceful. She tried not to think about the classes she was missing, or how worried her cousin must be. She definitely didn't want to think about her parents. Were they even worried? They had to be right?

The golden door knob twisted open. Melody stared silently as Gabriel brought in what she assumed was her lunch. His golden hair was gelled back. He was wearing an all white outfit with golden accents. His jacket fluttered behind him as he strode into the room and towards her. A bright smile was on his face.

Melody was tired of yelling so she only glared at him. "Are you hungry? It's spaghetti!" Melody's lips twitched. Gabriel knew Melody loved pasta. She stretched her neck up to look at the tray in his hands. "With meatballs?" He nodded, he was happy to see she was finally talking to him instead of yelling.

He poured mana over the food and teleported it inside the cage. Melody stared at the tray that was on the ground. She looked back up and watched as Gabriel ate at the coffee cable. "I have to eat off the floor?"

She actually didn't really care but she was seeing an opportunity sitting in front of her. Gabriel bit his lower lip. Melody's heart involuntarily squeezed. 'Why does he have to be hot and a psychopath?' He sighed and stood up. "Are you gonna run?"

Melody shook her head. Gabriel stared at the number over her head. It was still zero. He stilled his hand as he grabbed the key in his pocket. "I promise," she answered. 'I wouldn't get far anyways,' she grumbled to herself. Gabriel believed her words and unlocked the door. Melody walked over to the coffee table.

If she had it her way she would never go back into that cage no matter what. 'How do I convince him to trust me?' Melody sat down and grabbed her fork. She eyed the utensil before dismissing the thought. 'He is the best swordsman in the country. A fork probably wouldn't even dent him.'

She sighed again before spinning the noddles together and taking a bite. Her eyes widened. "Oh your chef is a saint!" Gabriel chuckled, "she's actually a half demon." Melody choked on her food. Gabriel used water magic to fill a spare glass and handed it to her.

She didn't even care if it was drugged, and chugged the glass. Her coughing came to a slow stop. "Thanks," she sniffled. Gabriel nodded. "Anytime." He watched as the number over her head ticked.

1%

He smiled and continued eating his food.