THIRTY-ONE | my prison

** Authors Note: I am currently sick so that's why I'm posting so much. 😭 I will probably do one more chapter then focus on cleaning up the last few chapters for a while. **

^^^

Gabriel's arms were chained to the concrete walls. The air was thick with the smell of mold, dust, and blood. He licked his lips and shivered at the rawness of his skin but he found solace in the small hints of pain. It reminded him that he was still alive. He hadn't eaten in two days and he was clueless of where he even was.

He was proud of the fact that he could help Melody but that didn't mean it was over. He needed to find a way out of this prison even if it meant selling his soul to the devil. "Shit this place reeks," a female voice broke through the silence. She had a similar cadence to Melody but her's was huskier. "Gabriel Ashe, right?"

He looked up to the darkness and saw a woman with long black hair and deep brown eyes. She had a cylinder like device in her hand that was emitting a beam of light. "And you are?" His voice cracked from his dry throat. She didn't answer him and just stared at him for a moment.

"Wow. You're a lot prettier in person. I mean having seen your face in every corner of Melody's room-," she cut herself off. Gabriel raised a curious eyebrow. "Anyways, we need to get you out of here."

Gabriel sighed, "this cage is magic proof. And I'm sure the man with the key is long gon-." Crystal kicked the door open and the metal crashed against the wall. His eyes went wide. Before she neared him he glared at her. "You didn't answer my question." She made an 'oh' with her mouth. "I'm Crystal Lu. Melody's cousin." He nodded in recognition.

She examined the cuffs. "Alright," she backed up. He wasn't sure what she planned on doing but for some reason he had faith she could break the cuffs. Crystal sucked in a breath and punched Gabriel square in the face. Her knuckles molded into his face until a small crack resonated through the cell.

"HA, that's for locking Melody in a fucking cage you psychopath!" Crystal shook the sting out of her hand. Gabriel spit out a bloody tooth. "Fair enough," he coughed.

Crystal grabbed the gun from her belt and aimed it at his hand. BANG BANG. His heart jumped in his chest and his ears were ringing. He was slightly scared of this woman.

His hands slumped down to his sides. He stared at the weird metal device. She shot the chains off his legs and helped him stand to his feet. "Now let's go break Melody out of another cage."

•••

"Forty percent? Are you kidding me Melody? Did princey boy fuck you on the moon or something? What had you so smitten," Christopher scoffed.

"40 is barely even a crush. Calm down," someone in the distance argued.

Christopher was slouched against the bars. He was the only one not in a black hood. Probably because Melody already knew who he was. "We agreed who ever won her over first got to keep her. Prince Sky had the lowest number of all of us with the exception of Koa. We all expected him to fail."

Was this like some reverse otome game? They were all trying to win her over to 'capture the target.' Melody scoffed. It was absurd but it finally put everything into perspective. She was in Fallen Angel 2. A reverse romance game. The characters were always drawn to her to keep the plot going. She had to completely reject them in order for their mission to fail. Melody felt exhausted just thinking about it all.

"Who is the next one?" They debated within themselves.

Melody was still lost in thought. Something Leo said still unnerved her. She wasn't from her world? Was she meant to be on a different planet? But if this was true then why didn't the gods just send her back to her home planet?

Also what did he mean by a soul connection?

"Alright I guess I'm up." The metal door opened.

Pink eyes.

"This should be easy," he grinned.

His pinkish-purple eyes glowed as he neared Melody. She noticed his finger nails were painted black. He cupped her cheek and gave a toothy smile. Melody didn't trust that smile for one second. He tapped his nose to hers. "Shall we go?"

"It's not like you will listen if I say no," she huffed. He laughed, "you're not wrong." He kissed her. It was soft and calm but Melody was more concerned by this because the number over his head was %169.

He had the second highest number in the room. The world faded away again. From black to dark purple.