FORTY-TWO | my mom

Melody stared at her phone screen. She scrolled through her profile. "What in the world is happening right now?" She tapped out of the profile tab and browsed the app. She realized that when she exited the the open chat box, the screen with Gabriel's dancing photo was along side two more photos. "Oh my god."

A photo of Christopher with his original game character was bordered by blue roses. Calum's photo had red roses. She tapped on Chris'. Immediately she saw his affection meter and other details about him.

%160
Name: Christopher the Great
Occupation: Pirate King
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Personality: Sadistic
Powers: Blood Bending
Skills: Cursed Blood
Weakness: Overuse of Power. The only way he will die (by himself) is if Melody kills him herself. If anyone else kill's him Melody will also die.
Background Story: Orphaned boy who was raised in the slums. He grew up around pirates-

"What the fuck!" Melody scrolled back up to his weakness. She snapped up her head to Crystal. "I have to kill him myself?" Crystal read the words over her shoulder. "Woah."

Crystal re-read the words. "Wait so if he dies you die too?" Melody shut off her phone. "Does Gabriel know he can't kill Christopher?" Crystal shrugged, "probably not." Melody bit her lip, "oh shit."

Crystal looked out of the large windows. A large red cloud hovered over the city in the distance. "None of this is making any sense." Melody followed Crystals gaze. When she saw the large cloud of fire it felt like someone was looking back at her. Like they were staring right through her. Did Calum know she would die if he killed Christopher?

The thought sent shivers down her spine. She opened her photo and clicked on Calum's profile.

%250

His number was in red.

Just like with Gabriel she somehow knew this meant his number would never go up or down. He was a failed capture.

Name: Calum Crimson
Occupation: King of the Enchanted Forest
Hair Color: Ash Grey
Eye Color: Red
Personality: Obsessive, Possessive
Powers: Fire Bending
Weakness: Melody
Background Story: The last dragon in the world. He was destined to be the ruler of the Enchanted Forest since birth. The enchanted worshiped his power but humans feared it. Yet both ultimately desired it. Calum Crimson is a man who has never once known peace. The worst battle he has ever fought was the battle against love. And he lost. Miserably.

A light but calm voice hung in the air. "You have to choose Melody." Melody stared at the profiles photos. "You have to choose where you stay. You have to choose who you'll love." Melody tapped at her head, "am I going crazy?" She looked up to Crystal who was still watching the red cloud. What made a shiver run down her spine was the fact that Crystal wasn't moving an inch. She didn't even look like she was breathing. She looked around and realized everything was frozen in motion. The alarms in the city had stopped.

"Who the hell are you are you?" The small voice chuckled, "in due time young one." Melody seethed, "don't give me that bullshit. I think I'm due a fucking answer!" Her words echoed in the vacuum of silence. "As you wish."

A golden ball of light appeared in the chair in front of her. It twisted and stretched out till it settled into the shape of a human. When the light dimmed away all that was left was a gorgeous woman with a flowing white gown. Her grey hair was tied into a tight bun and her green eyes held a foreign emotion.

She was the woman in the portrait she had seen before. "Who are you," was all Melody could manage to ask. The woman smiled, "I am your mother. My name is Cordelia White."

Cordelia White. Melody's eyes widened. "You're a game character. One of the first games made by Constellation. But I thought that game was discontinued?" Cordelia shrugged, "well when the story you create becomes an actual world and the characters have a mind of their own things get chaotic. For example, I was meant to fall in love with the crown prince and live happily ever after. But I feel for the villian instead." She sheepishly grinned.