TWENTY-FIVE | my butler

Christain sat up slowly and dusted off his clothes. He felt a sensation in his chest he had grown to forgot. Mana. He practiced coursing the mana through his body. His specialty was blood magic. He could alter someone's anatomy with one spell. He could also use the spell to cast curses. He used these tactics primarily for torture but he last used it to curse his soul to be attached to Melody's.

It was why he had always felt so drawn to her, and how he had reincarnated in her world. He assumed it was also why he could hear voices in his head when he was far away from her that grew louder the closer he was. Now the voices were soft so he knew Melody was also in this world.

Because he was accustomed to a life on sea he could tell that the world he was in wasn't his original one simply based on the stars. He was in someone else's world. The voices told him to head West. "Is Melody also from another world?" He wondered. "Is this her home planet?"

He was growing more curious with ever step he took.

•••

Gabriel sat up suddenly. He could feel a foreign form of magic from the East.

His specialty was terrain magic. He had extremely keen senses because his magic was coursing throughout the whole capital. He wasn't powerful enough to watch over the whole kingdom but he had spells cast on all the major cities.

"Melody," he urged. He didn't want to wake her up but he knew something was wrong. Melody blinked at him groggily. "Hmm?" She wondered. "Did you bring someone with you? From your world?" Melody squinted in thought, "no. I didn't bring anyone. Why? Is someone here?"

Gabriel sensed her nervousness growing. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the spell. When Melody came to his world he knew she wasn't a threat because of the angel speaking to him, but this was different. He had no reason to trust this person, even if they were from her world.

Melody's eyes widened. She grabbed at her chest as she began heaving for air. Her lungs were burning. "He's here," she coughed. It was like her soul was trying to rip out of her body and run away from her. Or to someone.

Memories flooded back to her.

•••

She was tied down with a gauze in her mouth. His burning hot fingers trailed down her body as her blood danced from his touch. The rest of her felt cold in comparison.

Y/N felt hot from his touch.

Lies. She was burning from the inside out.

He traced her curves like she was a map to a treasure. He was branding the memory of her into his mind.

It was a game before but these memories were real.

•••

Christain eyed the large castle in the distance. He felt the intense gaze of someone at the top of the palace. They were warning him of the danger he would be in if he made a move. Christain chuckled and stretched his limbs.

Gabriel turned to Melody who was now wide awake. "Can you try going back to your world? It may be safer." Melody shook her head. Being in that world was far more dangerous than being here. "I'd rather not," she quivered.

Gabriel was preparing himself to fight this thing. He didn't know what or who he was up against but if it made Melody this scared then it needed to be executed.

Melody leaned against the head board, and tried calming her breathing. Suddenly the headboard was gone and she was falling back into something. She looked around and realized she was in a portal. Melody screamed for Gabriel but he was too late. He tried lunging forward but in a split second she was gone.

•••

Melody was too scared to open her eyes. But after a couple of seconds she peeked out. Purple eyes were staring at her in worry. "Are you okay milady?" She ignored him and slowly looked around her. She was in a lab room. There were potions and books scattered everywhere. "Who..." her voice trailed off. She didn't need to ask. "Holy shit," she gasped.

He chuckled, "I didn't think we would be meeting like this, but I am Koa, milady." She recognized this soothing cadence.

She was frozen for a second. Long Snow White like hair flowed over his body. He was thin but tall and held a professional air to him. He was Koa Yang, the butler and her third online boyfriend in a modern historical Chinese romance game.

"Another one!" She shrieked.