𝟎𝟑

𝗢𝗠𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧

Kevin Perez
📍Bronx, New York: 2020

Kevin Perez📍Bronx, New York: 2020

One Week Later

A gush of wind blew against Kay's skin - further messing with the bun he had thrown his hair into that morning. Despite it being the early afternoon in the month of August - the weather felt particularly icy that afternoon. Kay's hand remains tightly in his pockets as his feet moved at a quick, irregular pace. He was eager to get home. Despite being unemployed, he felt overworked and all that was in his mind currently was a desire to rest.

Four days ago they had finally released his girlfriend from the hospital, leaving Kay the burden of having to check up on her. Although, it never felt like a 'burden' to him at first. In fact, he took pride in his willingness to cater to Ash despite everyone around him finding humour in the situation. He remained concerned for his girlfriend. It wasn't until Ash, as well as her mother, grew so accustomed to his company and assistance that they placed the parent role onto him. He was expected to attend to her every wish and stay by her side day and night. Every plan he had in the past week had been cancelled for her sake. Eventually, a sense of guilt crept in as he grew tired of his girlfriend's company weighing him down. Because of this - he made the decision to return home, which he had not been to for four days.

Kevin arrived at his building, briefly stopping to half-heartedly greet his friends that stood outside.

"Where you been at?" Setty dapped him up.

"Nigga you know where he been." C-Hii laughed. "That bitch got him on a leash."

Kevin's face screwed up at the comment. "Chill with the 'bitch' word deadass. I just been watchin' her and shit. I'm bout to go back the crib tho."

With that, Kay's feet began moving towards the entrance of the building, ending the conversation as a result. The sound of even louder conversation and laughter caused him to snap his head back as he observed his friends amongst a larger group of people. He thought nothing of it, they all seemed to be having a good time apart from B Lovee in particular. Regardless, he ignored the scene and entered the elevator.

Once he had reached his door, he unlocked it before stumbling inside. He had pre-planned to immediately enter a deep slumber once he entered his room. That was until his mother left the kitchen, letting Kay know he would be forced to indulge in yet another conversation.

"Kevin."

He stopped in his tracks, unwillingly turning to face her. "Yes ma'?"