𝟏𝟒

𝗢𝗠𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧

Ivy Marlene
📍Bronx, New York: 2020

"Nah this shit is rigged!" Daniel exclaimed leaning up from the floor

"Stop being pussy lemme see your fists." Ivy replied, all too excited.

Daniel put his hand into a fist against the floor before Ivy quickly flicked the quarter at his knuckles.

"This shit don't even hurt for real." Daniel stated fanning his hand back and forth before wiping off any blood on the nearby tissue.

The two had hotboxed his room and Ivy brought up the idea of playing bloody knuckles for an adrenaline rush. By now however they were playing for fun as neither of then could really feel the pain due to how high they were.

"Nah that's my fourth in a row tho. You gotta give me a pass this round." He pleaded.

"Whatever be quick." She closed her eyes shut waiting for the impact as Daniel flicked the quarter. Ivy simply shrugged once the coin had bruised her knuckles.

"That's crazy, I barely felt it."

"Can't believe I never tried this shit. What's it called?" Daniel picked up the almost empty bag of weed.

"It's spice, I stopped smoking it but started up again about a month ago. I don't know if you guys got any down here thats why I brought my own."

"Lemme have some to take when you leave."

"No daniel, you not even supposed to be smoking this." She shook her head.

Ivy stopped smoking spice about 2 years ago once her mood swings turned from euphoric to paranoia. It was only the moment her dad died that she tried it again and felt as if it took her out of reality. On top of that, as much as she tried to ignore it, Shani's phone call with Kay replayed in her mind and she needed something to help forget about it. She knew the health risks that came with it which is why she usually wouldn't of let Daniel try it, but with her being under the influence and generally enjoying his company when they were both high, she let him.

"Not gon' lie this shit starting to sting a lil." Daniel sat up. "Don't let me keep you up tho, its a school night you gotta sleep."

"I should be telling you that, why do I never see you or the other guys in school?"

"Cause half of them dropped out dummy."

"Whats that got to do with you tho, follow the leader headass." She mumbled before flinching once Daniel lit his lighter in her face.

"Stop talking like that, I'll be in tomorrow."

"I'm sure you will." Ivy got up. "You're not getting this back by the way." She pointed at the black Nike tech hoodie she wore.