Meltdown(Autism)

Characters-Karl Jacobs, Chris Tyson, Chandler Hallow, Jimmy Donaldson, Nolan Hansen.

*Made Up video*

Karl was really not looking forward to this mr beast video.

Jimmy had called everyone about the video a week ago and the whole time Karl was dreading for the time to come.

He was feeling very anxious even though he really didn't want to be.

The video was "last to leave the loudest room in the world wins 50 '000 dollars"-Made up video.

And one thing that Karl had yet to tell his friends was that two of his worst fears were: Small spaces and loud noises. And Karl was too scared to tell them for whatever reason. He was scared that they would think of him as a baby even more than they already did.

But here he was regardless, walking into the loudest room with 12 different cameras on him along with his friends, Chris, Chandler and Nolan. He put on his best 'I'm fine face' and giggled along to what everyone else said like normal.

"Whoever of my friends to leave the loudest room last wins 50 '000 dollars!" Jimmy said into the camera pointing to all of us.

"This video will be epic," Jimmy smiled. "Turn on the sirens!" Jimmy yelled and suddenly a bunch of siren sound effects started echoing across the walls. I pushed through the painful urge to cover my ears right off the bat.

Chris was the exact opposite and called out "That's nothing you nerd!"

"Just you wait." Jimmy said in a way that he knew something we didn't. "Every 30 minutes the sirens will get louder!"

Oh just great.

After 10 minutes I was sitting against the wall watching my friends yell out to Jimmy things about how he sucks and this challenge is easy. I was about to have a panic attack from just sitting there, and if I covered my ears they would all look at me.

Soon enough Jimmy came in to announce that they were turning the sirens up. Nolan said an annoying "I can't even hear a difference."

After that my entire world was numb, I was trying my hardest to block everything out. I sat with my head resting on my knees with my arms wrapped around them, and I just stared. I didn't even realize I had started rocking back and forth until Chris had tapped my shoulder.

"Hey man, are you good?" Chris asked in a way that you could just tell that he cared for me.

"Yeah, why?" I responded a little too quickly.

"You haven't been talking to anyone." Chris sighed.

"I'm okay."

Chris stared into my eyes.

"Really, I'm okay." I lied.

"Alright then" Chris said, rubbing my shoulder because my love language was physical touch and that was his way to comfort me.

Then he walked off, over to Nolan.

The whole MrBeast crew knew that I had ADHD and was on the Autism spectrum. The whole crew and all my friends for that matter are familiar with my random meowing and jumping up and down. But they are not familiar with what happens to me when I get super overwhelmed. They had never seen me have an autistic meltdown before.

My rocking continued as I closed my eyes, trying to blockout the alarms and ringing. It wasn't really working.

I hid my face into my legs and waited for a minute hoping the sound would go away. Shocker it didn't.

I undid my arms from my legs. My legs were still resting on my chest. I found myself starting to Stim. Opening and closing my hands over and over.

Chris was looking at me worryingly. Shit...

This went on for about 2 minutes.

Then the sirens turned up.

My hands planted onto my ears, while I continued rocking.

With the sirens and Nolan yelling out random things my hands turned into fists and started banging on my ears. I WANTED THE NOISE TO STOP STOP STOP! AND I WANTED NOLAN TO STOP!

(Chris POV)

When I had seen Karl rocking back and forth I could tell that something was up. I had kinda studied Karl's different Stims for different situations like the friend I am.

And when I looked back over and saw him opening and closing his hands I knew something was definitely up.

"Hey, is Karl okay?" Chandler asked me.

"I don't think so, I think he is getting overwhelmed."

When I looked over I saw Karl banging his fists into his head. His eyes screwed shut. And he was still rocking.

I was by his side in a second.

"NOLAN!" I yelled. "TELL JIMMY TO STOP THE CHALLENGE."

What was happening!?

"Karl, Karl!?"

A couple seconds later the noises were off and Jimmy ran in and sat next to me.

"Hey, Karl?" Jimmy tried.

"Please stop!" Chandler said, reaching his hands out to Karl's fists. The second Chandler made contact Karl violently shoved him off. Then hit his head harder. Making painful grunting sounds. It sounded like it hurt.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT DO WE DO?" Chandler cries and I started to worry Chandler was going to have a panic attack.

"Guys," I voice out and everyone anxiously looks in my direction. "I think we just gotta wait it out."

"Wait it out?" Nolan questions. "He's hurting himself!"

"I don't think it's a good idea to touch him." I tried to explain.

"But he loves physical touch?" Chandler says looking back at Karl who was flapping his arms around and hitting onto his legs, still grunting.

"I think he's having sensory overload from the noise." I suggest. I've seen Karl have a borderline Panic attack over 7 times from big groups of people. I've helped slow his breathing down once or twice and something that's always helped him in stressful situations was something to fidget with. And he always has some type of fidget toy in his bag.

"Can someone go grab Karl's bag?" I ask and watch as Nolan gets up without question and sprints out of the room.

I look at Karl who has his hands gripping his hair as he panted and making distressful noises. His eyes were screwed shut.

Nolan came running back with Karl's bag in hand and I quickly opened it up and started searching around. There were 4 packs of gum, random crap, a medication bottle and a blue stress ball.

I looked back at Karl and found myself moving closer to him. I looked at his state and thought about how much that must suck to get overwhelmed that easily.

"Karl," I smiled, even though his eyes were shut. "I got this stress ball from your bag and I think it'll help you calm down."

It took over a minute to get a reaction until Karl's eyes opened and his hands released from his hair to grip the stress ball.

His eyes seemed more dull as he stared into the ground. One hand squeezed the stress ball and the other rested on his head.

"Are you okay?" Jimmy asks after another minute of silence.

(Karl POV)

I wanted to nod my head and say 'yeah everything Is fine' but my head hurt so all I could do was a small hum.

Now here I was. I wanted to avoid them from thinking I was a baby but now it was even more clear.

If you have any ideas you want me to write feel free to share! ✨