chapter eighteen

After my very nice ice cream, Elijah dropped me home. And don't ask about how he knew where I lived, because I don't know, and don't want to know. I take deep breaths, mentally preparing myself for the long talk that I am sure is to come.

Pressing my fist up against the door, I pound my hand against the wood, wincing slightly, as I make contact with it. Within a second, I hear footsteps from within the house. My brothers and father have already been alerted to my presence since I had to state my reason for wanting to enter the Romano property. I answered with 'because I am tired and want a hot shower.' Those few words and a quick look at my face was enough for the men to let me inside.

The front door flies open, and I am met with a concerned-looking Stefano who ushers me inside the house, his gaze flying up and down my body, making sure that I am still in one piece, and have not suffered any injuries while at school.

I straighten my posture, knowing that if I am slumped over, and holding my ribs, I will seem suspicious. When I move my hands from their previous position, it attracts the attention of my older brother who had to choose to be a doctor.

"Can I see your ribs, zucchero?" Stefano asks although it sounds like less of a question and more of a demand. Sugar.

"They're fine, school was easy today..." I try to avoid the question, but answering something similar, but it doesn't seem to stop Stefano from being curious.

"No, Ami. That wasn't my question. Show me your ribs, right now, or I will get father, Alex, and Alec in here. Then we can all talk about it. But if you don't want that, then show me your ribs. Now." His threat is enough for me to slowly lift my shirt up, and luckily for me, most of the injuries paint my back, instead of my front, but I'm sure that Stefano will realize quick enough.

"Oh, zucchero. You have to tell us, otherwise, we can't fix it." My third oldest says softly, his eyes remaining trained on the new, large bruise that takes up most of my stomach. Sugar.

"I am sorry. It sort of slipped my mind." I tell him in a dejected voice.

"It's ok, Ami. Just let me check your back, to make sure that there isn't any internal damage that has spread across the body."

My eyes widen at the thought of him checking my other injuries since I know that they will be a lot worse.

Stefano takes a deep breath when he sees what has happened. To calm himself, a sigh escapes his lips.

"Your abusers are at the school, aren't they?" It is not a question. "GUYS GET DOWN HERE! FAMILY MEETING RIGHT NOW!"

In the next few seconds, the trampling of feet can be heard. Within a minute, the entire family is downstairs, standing in front of Stefano and me.

"Amity was hurt at school today." Stefano's simple sentence is enough to set off the Romano family. The silence is deafening.

"It is Jones, isn't it." Xander is the first to speak, his hands are clenched in tight fists at his sides, as he throws random accusations around.

"No!" I quickly say, throwing my hands in front of me.

"You went home with him after school today and used his phone. Why?" Xavier's question is calculated but a hint of danger lays behind it as if he is daring me to lie to him.

"That is only because we have a group project to do together," I defend myself and Elijah, knowing that if my brothers think he is hurting me, it will end badly. "And anyway, you are not the only one with questions. I found out that very few other girls have the name Amity. Is there a reason for that?"

"Do not flip the question around, young lady." My father says, authority spilling from his voice. "I restrict you from seeing this boy ever again. Xander, Xavier, and Marco will have a little chat with him tomorrow."

My mouth falls open. This old man can not stop me from talking to Elijah. After all, he lent me his phone and helped me secure a job. If anything I should be thanking him, especially since he bought me ice cream.

"Stefano will put some ointment on your back. I am hoping that you will stop lying by the time we reach dinner. We'll talk about the rest of your day then" With that, my father walks out, Alec and Alexander hot on his tale.

I hear them reach the third floor. It isn't before then that I let out an angry sigh, stomping my feet lightly against the tiled floor. Xander and Xavier chuckle at my antics, while Marco stares at me, with a small frown on his face. Stefano has gone to get medical equipment for my injuries.

"Principessa, come here, you look like you could use a hug." I walk into Marco's open arms, snuggling my head in his chest. Princess.

"Let it all out, Ami," he says, and without allowing it, the waterworks begin.

Eventually, my sobs can be heard loudly throughout the house, causing Stefano to rush into the room, asking if everything is okay. I do not know why I am crying. It is probably all of the stress I have had to undertake within the past few weeks.

One month ago, I was living happily in a small apartment positioned in Melbourne, with my mum. I went to a public school and had toxic friends like every girl my age. I got good grades and had a lot of freedom.

Now, I live with my father and six brothers in Sicily. From the information I can gather, my family are dangerous, and hold a lot of power in this country. I go to one of the most expensive private schools to ever be made, and have no friends. My bullies seem to have traveled from Australia to Italy and still find fun in tormenting me. That one bad boy is invested with my life, and seems to want to be apart of it.

After I have finished my mental breakdown, I let Stefano tend to my wounds, enjoying it as he rubs my tender injuries, making the pain go away.

But one thought lingers in my mind.

I still have school tomorrow...

A/N: Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter. Also, thank you so much for 3.4k reads, it means the world to me!!! If you did enjoy the chapter, please remember to vote, comment and keep reading when I get another chapter out tomorrow. I hope to see you all tomorrow. Byeeee <<<<3