- 14. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 -

.
.
.

The next morning Jake went into his father who was in a deep sleep's room. He went to the side of the bed and slid the box out from under there. He opened it carefully and took out a few items before closing and sliding it back under the bed.

He quickly left out of the room before his father woke up and went into his room. He put everything including the papers he had gotten the day prior into his backpack before leaving through the front door.

When walking down the street he saw a very familiar building and a very familiar-looking person looking through the door worriedly. "Hyung!" Jake finally realized with his eyes wide open. Soobin heard the boy call out to him and he opened the door yelling for him to enter. Jake had no choice but to oblige.

"Where the fuck was your ass?! Why didn't you answer my calls? I was worried sick!" Soobin scolded the younger as he pulled him by the arm into the café. "Do you know how it feels not being able to sleep because you're worried someone you love is in danger?" Soobin said as he made the boy sit down at his regular spot.

He did.

Jake stayed quiet with his head down. "Where were you?" Soobin asked calming down a bit. Jake hesitated, trying to make up an excuse. "I was with Sunghoon," Jake said, not lying completely. "Why couldn't you tell me that? Why didn't you answer my calls and texts?" Soobin asked. "I'm sorry," Jake apologized, not able to look the taller in the eyes.

"Please don't ever do that again," Soobin said. "I won't," Jake reassured the older. Soobin then got up and went behind the counter to get the place ready for when it opened.

Jake ended up staying at the café for the rest of the day. Soobin wouldn't let him go anywhere else. He even questioned him when he got up to go to the bathroom. Jake understood he was just being overprotective but God, was he getting on the younger's nerves.

Jake was also stressing about the fact that Sunghoon told him to be at the raccoon café because he had to give him something. He had no idea how he'd be able to go there since Soobin wouldn't let him unless he took him there himself. That wouldn't be too bad except for the fact that Soobin pretty much ran Choi's Chai and the only time he was off the clock was when the building was closed and clean. That would be around 10 at night and he didn't want to keep the younger boy waiting.

It was now 2:56 and the bells signaling the end of the day rang at 3:10. "Hyung," Jake said to Soobin who was at the counter taking orders since Chaeryeong was out sick. Soobin looked up from the screen and hummed in response. "Can I go to that café with the raccoons? It'll be quick. I just need to pick up something," Jake said hoping Soobin would agree.

"I'll take you later," Soobin shrugged before leaving to make a drink for a customer that ordered right before Jake went up there. The teenager sighed before turning around and going back to his seat.

A few minutes later Jake's phone buzzed on the table making him sit up immediately. He looked at his phone and saw Sunghoon had texted him.

Hoon 🐧💕

I'm at the café
Where are you?

Oh, sorry
Soobin is treating me like a prisoner
because I didn't go to Choi's yesterday and
didn't answer any of his messages