- 26. 𝗜 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲. -

.
.
.

Jake woke up in a nice, warm, cozy bed. He opened his eyes and saw a very familiar room. 'Wait- What the hell am I doing at Sunghoon's house, in Sunghoon's bed?!' He nearly gasped when he realized whose bed he was in. It smelt just like the younger male. Speaking of him, as soon as Jake realized where he was Sunghoon entered the room.

"You're up!" Sunghoon stated with a smile. He walked over to the elder and sat next to him. "How are you feeling?" Sunghoon asked as Jake sat up. Jake took a second to recall all that happened that day.

First, he got yelled at by his father for no reason.
Second, he broke up with Hyunjin who didn't take the news well.
Third, Hyunjin and Sunghoon ended up fighting each other because of it. Sunghoon even broke the boy's nose.
Fourth, he and Sunghoon ended up cuddling each other to sleep.
Fifth, he got caught self-harming by the younger but managed to come up with a lie.
Sixth, he had a panic attack due to almost the whole school insulting and hitting him.
Now he was in his crush's bed.

Wow, what a day it was!

Jake nodded to answer Sunghoon's question. "I'm sorry," He heard the younger say. It was now Jake's turn to be confused. "Wh-, why?" He asked the younger. "I shouldn't have taken you to the cafeteria. I should've known that they'd do things to you," Sunghoon started. Jake noticed how his eyes started to glisten as he talked. "I mean- I couldn't even protect you! I told you I would but not even ten minutes later I failed to do so. What type of friend even am I?!" Sunghoon says as tears ran down his face.

Jake had never seen the taller cry before. The scene broke his heart. He got up and bent down in front of the younger so he could look him in the eyes. He tenderly wiped the tears off the boy's face.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened out there. How were you supposed to know they'd stoop that low? You tried your best to get me away from them and I appreciate that. Both of us are fine and that's all that matters," Jake told the boy encouragingly.

Sunghoon sniffled a little bit and wiped his face. "Thanks, Hyung," He said with a small smile. "Now that we're done with the depressing part, could you tell me why I'm here?" Jake says causing Sunghoon to chuckle a bit.

"You were still sleeping when it was time to go and I didn't want to wake you up so I brought you here," Sunghoon explained. "And don't worry. I told Soobin hyung," The male added as Jake nodded to show he understood.

The shorter of the two saw his phone on the bedside table and picked it up. He looked at the time and saw it was 4:32 pm. "I can leave," He said as he got up. "W-why?" Sunghoon asked confusedly.

"You've been in my presence all day. You could use a break yourself," He told the younger as he headed towards his bedroom door. Just as he was about to turn the handle of the door he felt a hand grab onto his wrist softly. "I-I don't want you to be alone," Sunghoon confessed.

Jake only stood there speechless. 'Why doesn't he want me to be alone?' Jake thought. "I just want you to be safe," Sunghoon whispered. It was obvious he was embarrassed. Jake smiled to himself and cupped the younger's face. "I'll stay," He agreed. Sunghoon's face lit up as a cute smile was plastered on his face. 'He's so cute!' Jake cooed in his head.

The two were cuddled up together on Sunghoon's bed as they watched a movie on the youngest's laptop. Sunghoon had both of his arms wrapped around the older protectively.