Sleepwalker

Andy walked out of his mother's car a bit too excited to live with a random stranger for the next — who cares.

He was just happy to be thinking for himself, which he knew was never going to end well if he went along with everything he thought, but he was in uni.

So again. Who cares.

"Now Andy, this is your freshman year here and I want you to call us every chance you have," his mother was already tearing up.

He didn't get why, he wasn't going to die or anything.

Besides, he wasn't the only child. Andy was the second born to five children, his sister the first, him being the second and then the triplets. It's not like his mum would be lonely at all, she had three more kids.

"I'll try, but studying medicine while balancing what time I call you sounds overwhelming," he lied.

It wasn't as hard people put studying medicine, it was just simple, right?

His mother kissed his cheek and hugged him —almost not letting go — and gave him one small advice.

"Don't fail, if you fail here you'll fail your entire life," he flinched hearing those words linger in the air.

It's not that his mother had shot his blood pressure high, it's not that like now he's regretting his course choice because of his mother.

No, not all.

Totally.

"Mum, stop scaring him." His older sister rolled her eyes, she turned to her younger brother and sent off an reassuring smile.

"You'll be fine Andy, you're smart and you worked half you life trying to get here," Andy could breath.

He was lucky to have a sister like Amber on his side.

He wished his dad could see this, he would've proud of him.

"What's your dorm number Andy?" Amber asked helping her little brother carry the boxes to the dorm building.

"It's 444, I wrote it on the palm of my hand due excitement," he waved his hand on her face.

"You really wanted to leave him huh?"

Andy shrugged, back home wasn't bad it was the town and the school. The people there were harsh on him for being intelligent, and he hated every second of his existence there.

When he finally graduated from school, he applied to serval colleges outside the country until he was accepted to one.

"It's crazy how you guys wanted to escort me all the way from home to here, it's half way across the globe."

Amber shrugged, "I think mum likes it here, she needed a new start after dad's funeral years ago."

Andy nodded in agreement, the conversation stopped when he spotted his dorm door.

"This is it!" He practically ran to the door almost dropping his belongings, he started at the door and the door stared back.

"Your grinning?" His sister asked.

"Letting it sink in, that's all."

He inhaled sharply hoping his dorm mate was already there unpacking, waiting to greet him with a smile.

"Open the door Andy! My hands are going to break your PC," Amber muttered.

He nodded and twisted the doorknob open, pushed the door inwards and walked in to find the other bed already made.

His dorm mate took the right side of the room, the dorm mate already placed their stuff on his desk and everything was ready and good to go.

Amber pushed by him and practically threw his PC on Andy's desk.