06: take a walk with me

It was 3 AM and Andy was still up tossing and turning, it wasn't cold. Infact it was probably hotter than the sun, the dorm room was so small and there were only two windows.

A small one in the bathroom and a large one above his and Raphael's head.

And it wasn't even open.

He was stressing out on the usual bullshit he keeps encountering.

He sighed and turned to his right to see Raphael watching him, at first he thought he was hallucinating but then got nervous when Raphael blinked.

"Are you okay?"

Andy shook his head and sat up, "can't sleep."

Raphael mimicked he's action, "sucks huh?"

Andy nodded, the only light in the room being the moon in the sky he could still see Raphael emotionless face.

He needed out.

He needed to get out of this goddamn room and enjoy the fresh air that swam in the sky, at least he would be moving instead of sticking to one spot.

"Take a walk with me," Andy blurted at Raphael.

"Right now?"

Andy nodded, "if that's okay, I mean you don't have too—"

But Raphael was already on his feet putting on some sweats, Andy blushed eyes trying (but failing) to peel off Raphael's briefs.

Crap Andrew Olson! Get yourself together he scolded.

"You coming?" Asked the fully dressed Raphael.

***

Both boys walked around the cold campus, Andy was surprised that the campus was cold outside but hot inside.

Then again, they only had two windows.

Andy sighed multiple of times but yet didn't bother to utter a word to Raphael, neither of them did, it was too quiet too want to start a conversation.

But Andy wanted, he was getting killed by the silence but the same time was okay with walking around in silence, he sighed again letting him overthink.

Should I just say something? Ask him about Joe? Ask about the weather? What should I do in general?

"So," Andy muttered.

"Yeah?"

He cleared his throat and slightly faced Raphael, "I um, wanted to ask this question for awhile."

Raphael raised his brow curious.

"Why did, you do all that back in high school?" He tried to make it simple and short, though he felt like he was attacking him.

Raphael stiffened and Andy could sense that immediately, he cleared his throat and smiled.

"But you aren't like that anymore, for the past few weeks your tried to make it up to me and I think that's pretty brave of you."

His shoulders dropped and he exhaled, Raphael felt a bit loose.

Andy didn't know what to say after that, he wanted to stop comparing the new Raphael and the old one. He hated he was doing that, but believing in change was weird, and fun at the same time.

"Would you believe me if I told you I was jealous?"

Andy chuckled, "you? Raphael Torrance? Jealous of me?"

Raphael shrugged with a smug grin on his face.

"How so? Weren't like tough, hot jock?" Andy scoffed.

But realized what he just said, he called Raphael hot, but he was. He just never thought he would say that out loud.

"You thought I was hot?"

Andy shrugged, trying so hard to hiding his blushing face.

"Right. Yes I was jealous of Andrew Olson, you were something else," Raphael smiled to himself.

"So you hated me because I was apparently smarter than you?"

Raphael shook his head, "not that. I just hated you in general, I hated your stupid smile, I hated the way you made me feel around you, I wasn't going to accept the fact that I was uncontrollably falling for you. Andrew Olson, my chemistry lab partner."

Raphael paused, "I wanted you to hate me, maybe if you did I wouldn't disappointed you much, maybe if you hated me I wouldn't have to argue with myself."

He chuckled, "then came him he helped a bit I guess, to get rid of you. But trust me, it was harder than I thought, when I found out you were gay I felt hopeful and scared at most."

Raphael slowed down and stopped, making Andy stop as well on his tracks.

"Then I realized when I saw you in our dorm, the more I kept away the more you kept appearing," he sighed and ran his finger through his golden mane.

Raphael huffed, "crazy right?"

Andy was too stunned to speak, Raphael had just admitted that he had feelings for him, which was surprisingly...okay.

"Say something," he muttered.

"I don't, know what to say," Andy whispered.

He didn't.

"We should head back, we have class tomorrow and it's probably already 5 AM," Andy started walking away in a hurry.

Hands buried deep in his pockets and head hanging low, he was still trying to process everything that Raphael had said to him.

Because he could possibly just maybe feel the same way....

A/n:

That took a huge turn to my plot, that wasn't even supposed to happen but it did. Oh well, this should be fun!

Hey guys!

So I'm back to posting for five days straight hahaha! I feel my brain melting rn. Wanna guess what happens next??

Bye!!

-inkonmyfeet