03: sort of adults

Andy was drained after his classes, he barely walked out alive to the university's cafeteria.

"What would you be having?" The lady asked, he looked down at the pastries that were dancing.

Or maybe he was hallucinating.

"I'll have a chocolate croissant please," Andy smiled pointing at the glass.

He pulled out some money and handed it to the lady for exchange of the croissant, he sent her a small smile before turning and heading off to find a spot to sit.

Andy found an empty table and sat there, he sighed opening up the wrapper and letting the smell sink in. He loved to take he's time with food, Andy munched his way through the croissant.

Then he thought about Raphael again, that was the only thing he could think off lately. It's been two weeks since that happened, and he couldn't get much sleep.

He just watched Raphael sleep, then he would get up in the morning and do his routine and head off to his classes.

He still didn't figure out who Joe was, and he didn't want to confront him about anything.

Andy brushed his thoughts away from Joe and back to Raphael, the way he wrapped his muscular arms around his torso, the soft tone he used on him.

He felt his heart quicken, is it wrong to like the way he touched me? Yes! That man is a bully!

Andy tried and failed to stop thinking about it.

"Is this spot taken?" A stranger asked, he smiled trying to offer some sort of peace treaty.

"No, not all."

The stranger sat across him and smiled pulling out a slice of chocolate cake.

"I'm Jake," he introduced himself.

"Andy."

Jake nodded, "are you a freshman here?"

"Uh yeah, started a few weeks ago," Andy smiled.

"Well, I guess welcome."

Andy nodded and continued with his croissant, he wasn't too keen to making friends.

"What do you major in?" Jake smiled, eating his cake.

"Medicine, I want to be a nurse."

"Woah, that's pretty good," Andy wasn't sure if he was actually impressed or he was just being nice.

"Yeah, you?"

Jake hummed, "engineering, space technology to be more specific."

Now Andy felt like a basic wimp, he was going to be a nurse and this boy or man was going to be working for NASA.

"I'm jealous," Andy couldn't stop himself for saying that.

Jake chuckled, his blue eyes almost resembling Andy's staring at him.

"No, don't be. Your major is way more cooler, you get to help people and give them a second chance, you know?"

Andy nodded, he knew.

But he still wanted to ride a rocket to the moon at some point.

They continued like this for hours, talking about what the future has in stored for them and their career paths. They talk about the past and why they chose this university, it was a long conversation that Andy needed.

"They bullied you because you had the brain cells of Einstein?" He questioned.

Andy shrugged.

"Wow, people can be dickheads sometimes huh?" Jake smiled.

"Don't get me started in Raphael," Andy muttered.

"Bully?"

Andy nodded but didn't really want to talk about it, it was already evening and the sun would be setting soon.

"That's a story for another time, I should head back to my dorm..." he stood up on his feet.

Jake mimicked his action, "yeah I should too."

They both walked out the cafeteria, "nice meeting you Andy."

"Yeah, likewise."

It was an awkward pause, Andy didn't know what to do. Hug him, shake his hand, fist bump?

"Can I have your number?" Jake blurted.

Andy was a bit surprised, he didn't think Jake was having much fun talking to him.

"Uh, sure. Yes, of course," he typed his number on Jake's phone and handed it back to him, even more surprised to see a satisfied grin on Jake's face.

"Thanks, I'll make sure to text you."

"Yeah, sure."

Andy had finally got to his door, he twisted the doorknob and walked in to find Raphael on his desk working.

It was fine by him, they haven't really talked ever since the time he shoved him off the bed and onto the floor.

Andy set his bag down and sat on his bed, he couldn't help it so he watched Raphael work.

He was bored and tired.

"Can we talk?" Raphael had turned around and pushed away Andy's thoughts.

"Wow, since when do we talk?"

"Just listen, you don't have to say anything okay?"

Andy doesn't.

"We're basically adults now and I would like to apologize for my actions back in school, it was pretty shitty of me and I deserved that punch, again sorry."

Andy was taken back, could he trust Raphael not to hurt him? I mean he didn't ever since he got hear.

"Fine, I accept you apology."

Andy was too forgiving and too kind for his own good, his sister always warned him that he was going to get played one day.

"Thanks, friends?" Raphael stretched out his hand to close up the deal.

Andy took his hand and they shook, "dorm mates."

"Fine by me."

A/n:

Yes, they put the years of feud behind, they've matured! I had a love hate relationship with this chapter, I hate there wasn't much Raphael, but they're will be in the next one.

;)

Kk bye.

-inkonmyfeet