7. Desperate Measures

Logan

I was seated at the meeting hall, listening to the board members discuss the future of our tech company. We're currently in the middle of a big project and there's a lot riding on its success. I know I should be paying attention, but my mind keeps drifting back to Olivia and the news she dropped on me. I still can't believe it.

I haven't talked to her since that night, and I know I need to sort things out. But it's not easy when there's so much at stake here. The success of this project could make or break the company. I can't let my personal life affect my business decisions.

As the meeting continues, I try to focus on the discussion. We're talking about implementing a new AI system that will revolutionize the industry. It's a risky move, but I believe it's the right one. I voice my support for the project, and after some deliberation, the board agrees.

I feel a sense of relief as the meeting comes to an end. But as the others file out, my thoughts turn back to Olivia. I need to talk to her and figure out what we're going to do. But first, I need to figure out how to balance my personal life with the demands of the company.

I quickly gathered my things and headed back to my office. I needed to clear my head and figure out my next move. I sat down at my desk and took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts.

The door was suddenly pushed open cutting short my thinking. Brian walked in. Just when I needed someone to talk to.

"Hello our young CEO" he teased. I didn't have the strength to reciprocate his gesture back. He noticed my demeanor and a frown occupied his face instead.

"It seems the latest project is taking a huge toll on you" he said grabbing the visitor's seat.

I pushed my hand front intertwining them. "It's not about that Brian" I inhaled in a sharp breath. "I'm in big trouble" I let out

I took a deep breath again, steeling myself for what I was about to say. "Brian, she's pregnant," I said, the weight of those words heavy on my chest.

Brian's eyes widened in shock. "What? Olivia is pregnant?" he exclaimed.

I nodded slowly, feeling a sense of relief that I had finally told someone. "Yes, and I don't know what to do," I admitted, running a hand through my hair.

Brian leaned back in his chair, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Well, the first thing you need to do is talk to her and figure out what she wants to do," he said, his voice calm and reassuring.

"I know, but what about the company? What will people say if they find out?" I asked, my mind racing with all the possible scenarios.

Brian shook his head. "Logan, you can't worry about that right now. This is a personal matter, and it needs to be handled as such. You and Olivia need to figure out what's best for the both of you and the baby," he said firmly.

I took in his words, knowing he was right. "You're right, Brian. I just need to figure out what to do next," I said, feeling slightly more at ease now that I had someone to talk to.

"But how do I-" I commenced getting cut off by the bang on the door.

An unfamiliar woman stormed in. I was taken aback by the sudden intrusion. The woman stood in front of me, arms crossed, and a stern look on her face.

"How could you do this to her?" she started, not even bothering with greetings. "You know how fragile she is, and you just left her alone to deal with this on her own."

"Who are you? I asked.

She took another step not bothering about how she was blocking Brian's view. "I'm Jamie. Olivia's best friend. I'm here to warn you"